1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Marquette Monument

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Marquette Monument at St. Mary's College.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Tomb in the U.S. Military cemetery.

Date: 1865 

Description: This is a collection of two plat maps. The first map shows lots, streets, and farm lot 25. Written in ink, the top of the map reads: Plat of Prairie du Ch...

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Postcard

Lower Mill

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of the Lower Mill.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Marquette monument at St. Mary's Academy.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: Ruins of old Fort Crawford.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Villa Louis, also known as Dousman Mansion, in an aerial view.

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: View from Brisbois Point. Prairie du Chien lies below, and beyond the Mississippi river rise Iowa's hills.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Dousman Office building, later used as a pearl button factory.

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Date: 1908 after

Description: St. Gabriel's Church.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Drawing

School

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The first school house at Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Crawford County Court house after remodeling.

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Postcard

Black Hawk Tree

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Black Hawk Tree in Prairie du Chien Wisconsin. It was rumored that Chief Black Hawk hid within this tree to escape soldiers from Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Kane's Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Kane's Hotel, built in about 1839 by Ezekiel Tainter, and then called the Phoenix Hotel, on Main Street. It passed through many hands but retained the orig...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, restored by the United States Government about 1905.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.