1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Barn used by the Ringling Brothers to store circus equipment during the winter.

Photograph

Business Block

Date: 1913 

Description: View from unpaved road of the Cohen Bros Dept. Store, D.N. Farris storefront, and Park Hotel. A soda fountain in another building is on the right. A team o...

Postcard

High School Fire

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of firemen fighting a high school fire. A small crowd of people are watching from the street.

Photograph

Enos L. Jones Farm

Date: 1903 

Description: View down hill of the Enos Lloyd Jones farm with Hillside Home School and Romeo and Juliet in the background.

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View from across street of houses on Fourth Street. House second on left is the McFetridge house.

Photograph

Aunt Nell's Room

Date: 1898 

Description: Interior shot of Aunt Nell's room at Hillside Home School, an early progressive school, operated by Ellen and Jane Lloyd Jones, aunts of Frank Lloyd Wright...

Date: 1914 ca.

Description: View of the Island Woolen Mills Dam.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Six young women posed among the rocks at Devil's Lake.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View across river of Woolens Mill.

Date: 1886 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye map of Baraboo with inset of Devil's Lake, the south and east sides of the commercial square, the First National Bank, and the Warren House hote...

Date: 1952-01-03 

Description: Exterior view of the ranch style house of Harold Baumgarten at 2405 South Oak Street. Photograph is taken from the side showing the dwelling's two-car gara...

Date: 1909 

Description: Rock cairn for Yellow Thunder, chief of the Winnebago.

Photograph

Commercial Hotel

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from unpaved street of the Commercial Hotel on a corner. There is a wagon on the left.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Devil's Lake State Park Civilian Conservation Corps workers posed at rock formation, possibly Devil's Doorway.

Date: 1926 

Description: Members and guests of the Heart of the Hills Walking Club pose on a bluff near Devil's Lake. H.E. Cole stands second from right.

Date: 1918 

Description: Exterior of Saint Joseph's School.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Music of Yesterday exhibit at House on the Rock was used in a brochure. The exhibit is "Presenting the magnificent machines of a magnificent era, 1765...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Lewis Arms and friends perch on a bluff overlooking Devil's Lake. From left to right are Arms, Eddie Elvord (Alvord?), Mary Rogers, and George Green (Green...

Date: 1926-04-14 

Description: A marker on a rock commemorates the first schoolhouse built in Baraboo.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Man in work clothes holding a shovel loaded with dirt while another man watches in the background. The men were Civilian Conservation Corps workers at Devi...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.