1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, a view of the tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff street looking west.

Date: 1864 ca.

Description: Lawler Hall at Campion College. This image was made during the Civil War when the building was used as a U.S. Military hospital. Prior to the war, it was B...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the second site, with buildings of 1829-?), on the east bank of the Mississippi River, about 2 miles above the mouth of the Wisconsin River.

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of artesian well, apparently not the same one that was located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since rena...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

Date: 1855-05-21 

Description: This plat map shows lots, the Kickapoo River, and the Wisconsin River.

Photograph

LaPointe House

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: LaPointe house built about the time of the War of 1812, and razed in 1921. It was originally a log structure which was later clapboarded, but the logs stil...

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map is pen-and-ink on tracing paper with a mounted legend and shows the Kickapoo River, Indian mounds, the 1st Fort Crawford, an Indian Agency, the si...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Date: 1856-09-01 

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and shows farm lots, other lots of land sectioned by acres, bluffs, and a coulee. Also included are notations in pencil and blue in...

Photograph

View of Town

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Dr. Jesse Rowley driving the buggy. Dr. Rowley was a co-founder of the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Date: 1864 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows numbered lots and labeled streets. The bottom margin of the map reads: "Recorded in the Registry of...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A front view of the Bribois house. It was built from limestone sold by the government after the construction of Fort Crawford.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Prairie du Chien Woolen Mill Company, established in 1890 by George Fairfield.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Marquette monument at St. Mary's Academy.

Postcard

Browers Park

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of Browers Park, showing the fountain.

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Marquette Hall, a dormitory for students at Campion College.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.