1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10


Osborn House

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: A distant view of the residence of J.H. Osborn. Osborn moved to Oshkosh in 1844 from New York City. He farmed, traded real estate, and was involved in loca...

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows city wards, streets, block and lot numbers, cemeteries, buildings, landownership, forests, railroads, a race course, quarries, and orchards....


Carp fishing

Date: 1968-07 

Description: Two fisherman pull in a net of carp fish on Lake Winnebago.

Date: 1950 

Description: This map of the business section of Oshkosh shows businesses and lot owners. The map is oriented with north to the left and includes 2 "continued inset" ma...

Date: 1911 

Description: Black and white image, looking west from Lake Winnebago with Fox River flowing from top left corner to bottom right corner. Streets laid out with indicat...


EAA Convention

Date: 1988-07 

Description: "The British Airways Concorde made an appearance at the EAA Convention at Oshkosh."

Date: 1963-09-14 

Description: The Marathon Paper Corporation plant along the historic Fox River canal.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Mound known as the Hill of the Dead.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Bean and Palfrey flour mill.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Home economics students (all women) dressed in aprons, dresses, and hats, stand in rows at counters tending pots at the Winnebago County School of Agricult...

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: A view of the Oshkosh Public Library, located on Washinton Avenue. The cornerstone was laid in May of 1899 and the library was finally complete in Septembe...

Date: 1930 

Description: This map shows a proposed floor plan for a sheet metal works.


Dempsy Hall

Date: 1977 ca.

Description: Southeast corner of Dempsy Hall at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. Dempsy Hall is the oldest building currently on campus, and houses the offices of t...

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The gymnasium of Oshkosh State Normal School. This gynasium was regarded as the best equipped in the nation, and was constructed during the school presiden...

Date: 2001-03-02 

Description: "Kay Widmer Hren is our guest when we visit Jeff's on Rugby, at 1005 Rugby St. in Oshkosh."

Date:  date unknown

Description: A drawing from Harney's "History of Winnebago County" of E.L. Mathewson's home on Doty Island.

Date: 1930 before

Description: Group portrait of Winnebago County Asylum staff members sitting on steps, including the Superintendent, E.E. Manuel, seated in the back row, far right. Geo...


Goold's Barber Shop

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Two barbers: Elmer Lee (left) and William Goold (right), stand beside their barber's chairs while an unknown male patron sits in one of the chairs. Reflect...

Date: 1902 

Description: This 1902 map of Winnebago County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, landownership and acreages, railroad...

Date: 1923 

Description: The entrance to the Larson Brothers' flying field at Larsen in Winnebago County, about one year after the brothers laid out the runway. The field remained...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: