1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Date: 1988-04 

Description: Pastor Berg and the Church Council Members.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Riverside cottage with an automobile parked in front. The license plate reads: "Wisconsin 1938."


Description: Interior view of Blue Mounds Church. Built in 1868, the church was originally named the Norsk Evangelisk Kirke.


Fairbanks House

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of Fairbanks House, a sprawling shingled home built in 1636. A sign on the house reads, "Open Today, Visitors Welcomed."

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The first house in Waukesha County, built in 1836.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: The land and house were donated to the village. The club house is still in use (1964) as a publicaly owned building for recreation and meetings. Image show...

Date: 1948-11-28 

Description: Charred remains of the open stairway, which was the closest means of escape for the families who lived upstairs at the rear of the building at 15 South Bed...

Date: 1912 

Description: Elevated view of the river with trees on the left. On the right, two young boys are fishing from a rowboat in the river near a landing at the back of a thr...


Albion Town Hall

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: View across street of car parked in front of a modest neoclassical style building with an arched window over its double front door. It is shaded by a large...

Date: 1948 

Description: Cover for the 1948 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a sketch of a tree, a fence, and a small town by a lake. The Wisconsin Fr...


Stock Days

Date: 1910 

Description: Elevated view of Stock Days. Horses and wagons loaded with livestock are lined up in a row on the snowy street. On the right is a train decorated with Amer...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Panoramic view of the town's East end and surrounding woods. Caption reads, "Bird's-eye view of East end."

Date:  date unknown

Description: Interior of the library at Slocum Hall, built in 1898. Located on the campus of Ohio Wesleyan University, founded in 1842, the hall features an arcade and...


Street Scene

Date: 1922 

Description: View down an unpaved road towards a central business district.

Date: 1932-07 

Description: Man bending over to pick vegetables in the West Pullman Works' community garden. The garden was one of several factory gardens created under International...


The Goble Inn

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of the Goble Inn. The land, purchased in 1892, features a driveway and trees surrounding the inn. An automobile is parked near stairs that lead...

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: A house at 114 West Gorham Street, built for Dr. Edward G. Bartlett.


Threshing Crew

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Group of seven men, each holding a pitchfork, standing in a yard. Front row, left to right: Herman Bentert, Herman Riebe, Henry Burchardt. Back row, left...

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: Two-story house with an enclosed front porch, built in 1929 on the northwest shore of Madeline Island.



Date: 1920 ca.

Description: An old house east of the Hill Farm House on Middleton Road. The house was remodeled by Sam Miller, who named it Mapleside.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: