1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1915 before

Description: A group of workers pose on the east bank of the Wisconsin River at the power dam contruction site. One man strums his shovel like a banjo; another stands...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from street of German Baptist Church. There is a steeple above the arched entrance.

Photograph

The Trimpey Studios

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A view of the exterior of the Trimpey photographic studio and antique shop, 128 Fourth Street. The second story is set back, with a porch and flower boxes...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of an elevated view of Baraboo from a hill, showing mainly dwellings. Bluffs are in the far background. There is handwriting in the s...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Hupfeld Violin Machine is set into the wall. This image was used in the original House on the Rock brochure.

Date: 1918 

Description: First Congregational United Church of Christ building located at 131 6th Avenue at Broadway.

Photograph

City Hall

Date: 1918 

Description: Baraboo City Hall.

Date: 1911-06-10 

Description: Dining rooms and kitchen at the camp on the construction site of the Prairie du Sac dam. Workers and children pose in front of the dining rooms; there are...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of House on the Rock and surrounding trees and hills.

Date: 1915 

Description: Photographic postcard of the exterior of the theater. There are posters in front of the entrance. A current attraction is George Fawcett in "The Frame-Up"...

Photograph

Farm Scene

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A farm scene with a fence and gate, and milk can in the foreground. In the background is a large barn with a stone foundation, with a man walking nearby.

Date: 1911-04 ca.

Description: Men stand on and beside a rail car in front of the main construction office at the site of the Wisconsin River dam.

Postcard

Post Office

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Two buildings: a post ofice and a livery stable/feed store. A man is exiting the post office. Sign on livery stable reads: "Livery Feed and Sale Stable."

Photograph

Energee Gas Station

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View from street of a cement block building housing an Energee brand gas station and Ben Doty's Tire Service. Next door on the right is Mueller's Garage, a...

Date: 1913-07-02 

Description: Workers pause while installing a maze of conduit for the switchboard in the power house. The construction camp is to the left.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: The land and house were donated to the village. The club house is still in use (1964) as a publicaly owned building for recreation and meetings. Image show...

Date: 1912-03-03 

Description: Two women and a man pose among the timber pilings near the east shore of the river. Wooden concrete forms and two buildings can be seen in the background.

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date: 1922 

Description: View down middle of street, showing the central business district. A drug store, restaurant and hotel are on the left. A garage, bank, bathhouse, bowling a...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Hillside Home School.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.