1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Levitan Building

Date: 1940-07-27 

Description: The Art Deco, Egyptian-influenced facade of the Levitan Building at 15, 17, & 19 West Main Street, including the F&W Grand 5&10 cent store, Rennebohm Drugs...

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: View from the Wisconsin State Capitol looking south. Lake Monona is to the left, and West Washington Avenue is on the right. The Dane County Courthouse on...

Date: 1915 

Description: Exterior of the fourth Wisconsin State Capitol (the third in Madison).

Photograph

"Forward" Statue

Date:  

Description: "Forward" statue, sculpted by Jean P. Miner, for the Columbian Exposition of 1893 in Chicago, Illinios. After the exhibition, women of Wisconsin donated fu...

Photograph

Mazo Motor Company

Date: 1921-12-08 

Description: View from street towards construction of the Mazo Motor Company, which sold and serviced Ford and Fordson vehicles and agricultural machines. Standing in t...

Date: 1887-09-07 

Description: Group portrait of the 16th Wisconsin Infantry at the Wisconsin State Capitol, together with their wives and families, taken at their first reunion. Because...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The art conservator Anton Rajer uncovered evidence that the Wisconsin State Capitol was originally richly embellished. This is one of three examples of ori...

Photograph

Pilgrim Church

Date: 1915 

Description: An exterior view of the Pilgrim Church, located at 955 Jenifer Street. This building was built in 1914, designed by Claude and Starke. The Chapel has ser...

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: The interior of the Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, 126 (120) West Johnson Street.

Date: 1911 

Description: University of Wisconsin-Madison Home Economics Department Class. The women are using chemistry equipment and microscopes. On the blackboard is a formula fo...

Photograph

Farmland Vista

Date: 1961 

Description: Vista over farmland from a small country cemetery.

Date: 1922 after

Description: Air-Lec pneumatic automatic door opener with button and wire set up on a board. The manufacturing plant on N. Third Street began operation in 1922.

Photograph

Executive Residence

Date: 1973-11-25 

Description: Executive Residence, 130 East Gilman Street, which housed 17 governors before it was sold to the University of Wisconsin in 1950.

Date: 1918-07-13 

Description: View of the excavation of two graves located on University Hill (now Bascom Hill). Main Hall (now Bascom Hall) can be seen in the background.

Date:  

Description: Outdoor portrait of a young dark-haired woman standing in front of the of a building near a screen door.

Date: 1918-11 after

Description: Members of the Droster Family stand among the remains of the Droster Brothers General Store after it burned down in November. It was located across the str...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Photographic postcard view of a family posed on a hill in front of a farm, with farmhouse, outbuildings, and a windmill. The family is gathered on a hill i...

Date: 1962-05-25 

Description: A general view of the "War museum," originally in the Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.), Civil War Memorial hall, on the top floor of the Wisconsin State...

Date: 1970-11-08 

Description: An intricate design carved into the side of the building at 102 N. Hamilton Street. The building was built for Montgomery Wards (1929-1942); occupied by US...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of Catholic Church. The building features a tall steeple, a clock tower, arched, stained-grass windows, and double doors.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.