1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1918 

Description: Al. Ringling's residence.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard of the rock formation called the Devil's Doorway in Devil's Lake State Park. Trees can be seen to the right and below. The lake, bluffs...

Photograph

Cupid

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A studio portrait of a child as Cupid wearing wings and holding a bow and arrow, posed leaning against an owl and sitting on a tree stump.

Date: 1999-06-30 before

Description: Menu for a reception at L'Etoile Restaurant for the School of Organic Farming and Cooking at Taliesin, with the school logo and a background photograph of...

Photograph

Art and Music Room

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Art and Music Room was featured in the House on the Rock original brochure.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Side view of church converted to offices of Dresen Brothers Contractors and Manufacturers. Sign on bulding reads: "Dresen Brothers Twin City Contractors &...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Entrance to Cold Water Canyon near Wisconsin Dells. In the foreground is a wooden walkway across the water.

Photograph

The Sauk Prairie

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: A view of the Sauk Prairie looking south. From the left are the photographer's brother, Frank Bass; Mrs. Edward (Ada Burlingame) Bass and her daughter, Eve...

Photograph

Car Ferry

Date:  

Description: A car ferry moving out across the Wisconsin River. Three boys are swimming in the river in the foreground.

Photograph

Woolen Mills

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior view of a woolen mill.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A man stands on a staircase overlooking an operating generator in the power house at the Prairie du Sac dam.

Date: 1912-11-21 

Description: Workmen pose on and in front of the steel draft tubes. The gate guides are visible on the right.

Map or Atlas

Sauk County, Wisconsin

Date: 1990 ca.

Description: This late 20th century tourist map of Sauk County, Wisconsin, shows the highways and roads, cities and towns, parks, airports, canoe landings, hospitals, s...

Date: 1868 ca.

Description: View of the west side of Water Street, looking south.

Date:  

Description: View looking up at the main house at House in the Rock. Snow is covering the ground.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Hupfeld Violin Machine is set into the wall. This image was used in the original House on the Rock brochure.

Date: 1925-03-02 

Description: Eight men comprising the Heart of the Hills Walking Club, founded by H.E. Cole, pose with a dog beside a house. They are left to right, Harold Baldwin, T.F...

Photograph

High Bridge

Date: 1925 

Description: View across water of a deck truss bridge over the dam at Mirror Lake. Timme Mill is on the left side of the lake. There are boats in the foreground, and th...

Date: 1939 

Description: View of the Lueders cottage, home of the Hamburg-born botanist Frederick Lueders, just before it was torn down to make way for the home of August Derleth.

Photograph

Catholic Church

Date: 1909 

Description: View down unpaved street towards a church. Two people, perhaps nuns, are walking on a sidewalk lined with metal railings. Caption reads: "Catholic Church,...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.