1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Two cottages at Burgy Mounds on Lake Koshkonong.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The State Institute for the Blind. A school free for blind children of Wisconsin and attended by Louisa May Alcott.

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: This map of Beloit shows labeled wards, plat of town, roads, railroads, the Rock River, city boundaries, and land ownership by name. The back of the map is...

Photograph

Men with Oxen

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Sod-breaking plow with five yoke of oxen.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard view of the exterior of Middle College at Beloit College.

Photograph

Milton House Cabin

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Photograph

Rock Prairie Barn

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Barlass barn in Rock Prairie, built in 1861, thought to be the largest stone barn remaining in Wisconsin. The stone for this barn was hauled from Carver's...

Date: 1881 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Milton Junction.

Photograph

Ralph Warner House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Ralph Warner's backyard and house.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from shoreline down Rock River, with the Northwestern Railway bridge and Beloit College in the far background.

Photograph

Charles C. Stone

Date:  

Description: Full-length carte-de-visite portrait in front of a painted backdrop of Charles C. Stone of Decatur, Wisconsin, a member of the 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 1...

Photograph

No. 1 Cotton Mill

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The No. 1 Cotton Mill. Plank sidewalk in foreground.

Photograph

Pigeon House

Date:  

Description: View of a tall wood structure with rows of holes, perhaps a pigeon house. A cyclone fence is in front of it, and behind are industrial buildings. In the fa...

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Pastor Claus Friman Magelssen (1830-1904), his second wife Marie Schlambusch Magelssen, and their family sit around a table set for coffee in the foregroun...

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Interior view of a corner of the parlor and the doorway to the conservatory.

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard view of the exterior of the New West Side Catholic Church. There are two entrances in the front.

Date: 1956 

Description: View of dining room table with fireplace and mirror in background.

Date: 1981-05 

Description: View across road of building on East Main Street.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind where Louisa May Alcott attended school. Writing on the photo reads "Institution for the Education of the Bl...

Photograph

Turtle Creek Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: View of the Turtle Creek Bridge.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.