1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Property Record

3RD AND BOLVIN STS

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: VILLA LOUIS - laundry

Reference Number: 12636

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Property Record

WATER ST

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Michael Brisbois House

Reference Number: 3952

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

Property Record

214 W. Blackhawk Ave.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: commercial building

Reference Number: 147481

Newspaper Article/Clipping

The senatorial question

Date: 1875-1-08

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of a gazebo, porch, and benches on the campus of St. Mary Academy. The lawn overlooks the Iowa Bluffs near the Mississippi River.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Prairie du Chien (vicinity) about 1895-1900. Shell buyers with their launches and barges docked at shoreline. Freshwater clam shells were used in the pearl...

Photograph

Vedder House

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The Cornelia Vedder house. Described as the house "where George Winnie, a conductor on the Milwaukee and Prairie du Chien Railroad, stayed at the end of hi...

Drawing

Fort Crawford

Date: 1829 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford, from a sketchbook attributed to Seth Eastman, 1808-1875. A graduate of West Point, Eastman briefly served at Fort Crawford, 1829-1839. ...

Drawing

Fort Crawford

Date: 1817 

Description: Forth Crawford (1816-1831).

Date: 1870 

Description: Stereograph of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over the Mississippi River.

Book or Pamphlet

Artesian Stock Farm

Date: 1884 

Description: Bird's-eye view drawing of the grounds of Villa Louis, the estate of the fur trading Dousman family. After the death of H. Louis Dousman's mother in 1882,...

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois Hotel, built in the early 1860's, and used as a hospital during the Civil War. It was later part of Campion High School.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.