1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview of the Columbia County Jail.

Photograph

Portage Canal

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The Portage Canal, dug by hand in 1849 and completed in 1851. It was renovated by the Army Corps of Engineers after the Civil War.

Photograph

Fitzgerald's Resort

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man, a nun sit on a bench with an owl perched on the back of the bench between them. Three women stand behind them on the lawn of a resort.

Postcard

Lincoln Avenue

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the east side of Lincoln Avenue.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of Andrew Amundsen's farm. A man with horses is at a well in the foreground. The well utilizes a well sweep. A barn, house, granary and people in a ho...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from street of the Shell Station at Wee Hoose.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: The home of R.D. Rickelesen. Five men and a woman in foreground in walking costumes playing croquet with frame house behind; two women on porch and parlor...

Photograph

Quick Set

Date: 1954-04-26 

Description: Intern holds letter set and watches Linotype operator at "Mid-County Times" newspaper room.

Date:  

Description: Henry Hamilton Bennett poling his boat close along a rock formation in the Wisconsin Dells.

Date: 1927 

Description: View from shoreline of a pair of men fishing in a lake. Another rowboat is tied at a pier in the foreground. On the far shoreline are cottages and trees.

Date: 1946-07-24 

Description: Mr. and Mrs. James Hawkins or Henry Thunder and Stella Stacy. Probably taken at Winnebago (Ho-Chunk) Indian Village.

Date: 1970-04-25 ca.

Description: Elevated view of crowd of audience members at the Sound Storm music festival.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of the Indian Agency House, before restoration. Built in 1832.

Photograph

Kilbourn School

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Kilbourn School with students and teachers posing in front of the building.

Photograph

Wilson's Tavern

Date: 1923 ca.

Description: Wilson's Tavern, north of the point where the road from Black Hawk enters Trunk Highway 60. Built by John Wilson on Wilson Creek.

Photograph

Upper Dells River

Date:  

Description: Panoramic view of the Upper Dells River as seen from the Dell House.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The "Alexander Mitchell" excursion boat with passengers.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Riverside cottage with an automobile parked in front. The license plate reads: "Wisconsin 1938."

Date: 1942-07 

Description: Image from a scrapbook kept by Neighborhood House of a boys summer camp, with an image of Skip Sul?(obscured letters) participating in a game involving tak...

Photograph

Old Frontier Shop

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: Old Frontier Shop.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.