1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Postcard

Park Avenue

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of Park Avenue.

Photograph

Grignon House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date: 1942 

Description: International truck with a trailer full of scrap metal parked outside the R.H. Gehrke Company, an International Harvester dealership. William Le Capitaine,...

Photograph

St. John's Church

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Construction of St. John's Church was begun around 1860, but the building was interrupted by the Civil War, therefore it was consecrated in 1869. Charles A...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A drawing of the DuCharme/Grignon house and fur-trading post as it appeared shortly before being razed in about 1892.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Bottling plant employees of the George Walter Brewery. The Walter Brewery closed in 1972.

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: A Wisconsin State Canners Truck parked under a chute at Stokely Van Camp canning factory on West College Avenue.

Date:  

Description: Stephenson Science Hall at Lawrence College.

Postcard

College Avenue

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard of automobiles parked on College Avenue, the brick-paved main street.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The Appleton Theatre on Oneida Street.

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: The nave and altar of St. Paul's, with Gothic arches and stained glass windows.

Photograph

Memorial Chapel

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Front view of Memorial Chapel at Lawrence College.

Postcard

Prospect Street

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: View of Prospect Street.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: The Grignon block house, "where the first Mass was said."

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Congregational Church, also called the "old brown church", built in 1853 and burned in 1893. It was on the site of the present City Hall. The white house...

Date: 1882 

Description: Building housing the very first central electric light station for distribution of incandescent lighting.

Photograph

Grignon House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Photograph

Checking on Beehive

Date: 1955 

Description: Robert E. Bodoh checks on the condition of a hive by opening it using smoke to calm the bees. Bodoh wears a protective hat with mesh veil. Several other hi...

Photograph

Masonic Hall

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Text: "Masonic Hall at the corner of College Avenue and Oneida Street; built in 1855 by Theodore Conkey, it burned in 1874. The Zuehlke Building was built...

Date:  

Description: Plaque describing "Hearthstone," the home built by paper mill owner, Henry J. Rogers. The residence was the first dwelling electrified from a centrally loc...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.