1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

The Free Library

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of the Free Library and the home of Guilford Smith, in the background. No other building are visible. Printed across the bottom of the image: "Windh...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of town buildings as seen from Bancroft Tower. A body of water and what appears to be an industrial plant stand in the foreground.

Date: 1909 

Description: Workmen posing on the partially demolished dome of the third Wisconsin State Capitol, together with the hoist used for removing salvaged materials. This d...

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof.

Date:  

Description: Exterior view from road of the Stanley Public Library. The library opened in 1901 and was funded with a $15,000 donation from Mrs. S.F. Moon. Above the mai...

Date: 1989-05 

Description: Detail of "Resources of Wisconsin", painted by Edwin Howland Blashfield, inside the Wisconsin State Capitol. A woman is depicted holding a bunch of grape...

Photograph

Bascom Hall

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: South view of Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) with dome on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. A flag is flying from the dome.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior of the La Crosse Public Library.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1922 

Description: View down road towards three workers standing on the porch of an auto repair shop. The shop offers Red Crown Gasoline, Peerless Motor Oil, and Firestone ti...

Photograph

Aerial View of Town

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: Aerial view of town with multiple buildings and a water tower visible in the background.

Date: 1908 

Description: A detail of a Sanborn map showing the North Blair Street area.

Photograph

Ferryville Depot

Date: 1925 

Description: Train stopped at the Ferryville depot. The caption reads, "Limited Going 50 Miles."

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down dirt road with destroyed buildings on both sides. There are many piles of rubble, and some buildings are gutted shells. Pedestrians walk along ro...

Photograph

North Spring Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: Row of shopfronts on North Spring Street in brick buildings with the Sussex county courthouse in the background. Published by Ryerson's Pharmacy.

Date: 1925 

Description: Elevated view of Coon Valley from a hilltop. Trees are on either side of the frame. In the city, there is a cemetery, church, and field of crops.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of "Streets of Yesterday" at House on the Rock.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Postcard

Methodist Church

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of the front facade of the Methodist Church. The church's bell tower is visible in the background behind the church.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of original lighting dimmer board backstage at the Al. Ringling Theatre.

Date: 1914-02-27 ca.

Description: Second Ward Savings Bank building (now the Milwaukee County Historical Society), looking northwest from the corner of W. Kilbourn Avenue and N. Plankinton...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.