1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Bank of Baraboo

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: An imposing two-story structure on the corner of Oak Street and Third Avenue. Lawyers offices occupy the upstairs.

Date: 1921 

Description: A high wooden pedestrian bridge along a forest path, crossing over a deep gorge.

Photograph

Locks at Power Dam

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: Looking across water and through the locks to a shoreline with a large hill in the background. A building is on the left, a wall and pilings are in the wat...

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: View features a dirt street, dwellings, a horse-drawn vehicle, sidewalks, power lines, and many trees. In the background is a hill with what appears to be...

Date: 1922 

Description: View along side of bridge over the Wisconsin River, built in 1921 to take the place of the old wooden one when it became condemned.

Photograph

Trimpey House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Trimpey's home, the residence of Edwin B. and Alice Kent Trimpey. View of the front entrance door and front porch facing the street.

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: Historic site marker commemorating the first permanent home in Baraboo. The inscription reads, "On this site in 1840, the first permanent home in Baraboo...

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the city hall and library building with a car parked on the street in front of it.

Photograph

Dawn Manor

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: The Dawn Manor, a small "gothic" house on the Dell View Hotel grounds. Also called the Abraham Vand House (later the W.J. Newman House) it was built ca. 18...

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: View of the Little Prairie school with a car parked alongside it.

Photograph

Speaker and Crowd

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from across street of a crowd sitting on the porch, lawn and street in front of the Elks Lodge (Al. Ringling house) listening to a speaker standing at...

Photograph

Salem Church

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Salem Church of the Evanglical Association of North America. The original church was built in 1851 in the township of Honey Creek. This church is the third...

Photograph

Railroad Depot

Date: 1967 ca.

Description: Railroad Depot. North Freedom is the home of the Mid-Continent Railway Museum which operates excursion tours on a steam railroad.

Photograph

Post Office

Date: 1909 

Description: Exterior view of a post office. Sign near door says: "Post Office. Sandusky." A man stands just outside the door, looking at another man standing inside.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Date: 1917 

Description: Colorized postcard view of the central business district. The street is lined with businesses and street lamps. A man and a dog are in front of the bank on...

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: The land and house were donated to the village. The club house is still in use (1964) as a publicaly owned building for recreation and meetings. Image show...

Photograph

Trimpey House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior of the residence of Edwin B. and Alice Kent Trimpey, showing front entrance with columns, with a porch and plants above. A cat looks out the windo...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Exterior of Helen Baldwin's restaurant.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of gilded pillars and plasterwork above a proscenium box in the Al. Ringling Theatre.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.