1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Ruins at Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Highway Bridge

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Highway bridge over the Mississippi River, erected in 1931-1932. View looking west toward Iowa.

Postcard

Black Hawk Tree

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Black Hawk Tree in Prairie du Chien Wisconsin. It was rumored that Chief Black Hawk hid within this tree to escape soldiers from Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Brew House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brew house.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of the ruins of the guardhouse used in 1883. The roof was burned off.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: French Cemetery, showing grave of Alice Trewe. Calvary Cemetery is in the background.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: Tombstone of Jean Joseph Rolette, first agent of the American Fur Company at this post, in the French Cemetery.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: French Cemetery. The Stone tombs are the graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elisabeth.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from field of Villa Louis, the residence of Hercules L. Dousman.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Photograph

Warehouse

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of warehouse, which was formerly a five storied grain elevator. This building stood downstream from the Diamond Jo warehouse. The Mississippi Rive...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

Photograph

Campion College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Marquette Hall, a dormitory at Campion College.

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Date: 1936 

Description: A view of Fort Crawford after restoration.

Date: 1872 

Description: Allegedly the earliest known view of St. Mary's Institute, which later became St. Mary's College. One-half of a stereograph.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1936 

Description: A view of Fort Crawford.

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the front of Lawler Hall at Campion College.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.