1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Depot and Yards

Date: 1911 

Description: View across railroad tracks of the Merrimac train depot. Against the building a man poses on top of a ladder. He is repainting the exterior. There is a hou...

Date:  

Description: Landscape, including a barn, at Hillside Home School, an early progressive school operated by Ellen and Jane Lloyd Jones, aunts of Frank Lloyd Wright.

Photograph

Old Inn

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A deteriorating, large, two-story building with Greek revival features, which may have served as an inn or hotel. The windows are boarded up or broken and...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard of the exterior of the Ringling Mansion.

Date: 1878 ca.

Description: Courtyard at Cliff House, a resort hotel built shortly after 1872 when Devil's Lake was reached by rail. The house has a stone first floor, a balcony on ea...

Date: 1912-06-28 

Description: Colorized postcard of the rock formation called the Devil's Doorway in Devil's Lake State Park. Trees can be seen below. The lake, bluffs, buildings, roads...

Photograph

Merrimac Ferry

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Car boarding the ferry on left side. The far shoreline can be seen in the background.

Date: 1949-05-03 

Description: A group of clubwomen discuss plans for a community project in the village of La Valle. Seated in the middle is Mrs. L. O. Waller, president of the La Valle...

Photograph

Water Street

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: View of Water Street featuring a group of patrons standing in the entrance of A. Becker's Saloon.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View across yard towards the Hillside school at Taliesin, near Spring Green. Hillside Home School was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1901 and constructe...

Photograph

Mirror Lake

Date: 1909 

Description: Two women stand beside a waterfall "downstream from the crag."

Date: 1950-03-10 

Description: The decor of the dining room "L" in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Scholl, located on East Monroe Street, repeats the colors used in the living room of...

Date: 2001-10-31 

Description: Group portrait with accompanying caption: "Pictured from left to right are recently retired Rock Springs Fire Department chief James "Bink" Mooney, 50th As...

Date: 1930 

Description: Three chairs around a table with stacks of books in the lobby of the Silver Dale Resort at Devil's Lake. In the background three open doors lead into the d...

Date: 1912-11-21 

Description: An overview of the progress of construction within the coffer dam shows the gate guides and draft tubes in place. Concrete forms and chutes, as well as ti...

Date: 1912-05-17 

Description: Workers use shovels to level fresh concrete at the base of the chutes from the high trestle. The steam powered pile driver is at work in the background.

Date: 1870 

Description: Sauk City is the oldest incorporated village in Wisconsin (incorporated in 1854) and also has the oldest organized volunteer fire department in the state,...

Photograph

Wisconsin River

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of buildings in Prairie du Sac from the east bank of the Wisconsin River.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of decorative carving and plasterwork above the stage in the Al. Ringling Theatre including a cartouche with the initials AR, flower garlands and...

Date: 1949-05-03 

Description: William Frazier, village president, sits at a drug store counter visiting with druggist Burt Blank in the village of La Valle.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.