1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this photograph was taken, the structure was occupied by Ben...

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view from lawn of the stone facade of St. Mary Academy. The arched main entrance is partially visible behind trees on left. A bell tower sits in the midd...

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of Black Hawk Avenue.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, as seen before it was restored by the United States Government.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Astor fur trading building, The Northwest Fur Company, in 1808. This building later used as a post office before the Civil War.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereoview looking northeast from Case's Block.

Postcard

Sanitarium

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium. Established in 1903, became a general hospital in the 1930s.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, restored by the United States Government about 1905.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Benedict Octagon House, built about 1843.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A front view of the Bribois house. It was built from limestone sold by the government after the construction of Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1979 ca.

Description: Villa Louis, home of Hercules Dousman.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Dousman Office building, later used as a pearl button factory.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul Railroad pontoon bridge between Marquette, Iowa, and Prairie du Chien.

Photograph

Woman's Building

Date: 1959 

Description: Woman's Building, one of the oldest buildings in the city. It is believed to have been built in 1842 by John Folsom, an early settler and farmer on the hei...

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: Graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elizabeth. Rolette died in 1842. The cemetery itself may date as early as the middle of the 17th Century.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: French Cemetery. The Stone tombs are the graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elisabeth.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (1829-1835).

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows streets and lots. The right side of the map includes notes on widths of streets and certifications. The top right reads: "Parish's Additio...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.