1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1868 ca.

Description: Mineral Point from a carte-de-visite by the "practical photographer."

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Congregational Church, featuring the church building with arched windows, an arched entrance, a chimney, and a bell tower.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Odd Fellows Hall, built in 1837-1838, was the first to be built west of the Allegheny Mountains. The cornerstones were laid by Thomas Widley.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A bedroom in the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration...

Date: 1942 ca.

Description: Robert Neal baking Cornish pasty at Pendarvis.

Photograph

Simpson Church

Date: 1949 ca.

Description: Simpson Church.

Photograph

Taliesin

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View of a man standing near the pond and spillway on the grounds of Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's residence and architectural school complex. Taliesin is...

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1917 

Description: A horse and carriage travels down a main street lined with retail shops and parked automobiles. On the left is a barber pole on the curb, and a clock hangs...

Photograph

Selma Eidsmoe

Date: 1935 

Description: Selma Eidsmoe, wearing knickers and a head scarf, poses holding a gun over her shoulder. She is standing on a bluff above the Pecatonica River valley. She...

Date: 1957-08 

Description: Architect Frank Lloyd Wright and an unidentified man are in Wright's studio at Taliesin, Wright's summer home, looking at drawings. Taliesin is located in...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The house of a Cornish miner.

Photograph

Pendarvis House

Date: 1942 ca.

Description: The Pendarvis home, a restored Cornish miner's home now owned by Robert M. Neal.

Date: 1957 

Description: Fireplace in the living room of Taliesin, the summer home of architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Taliesin is located in the vicinity of Spring Green, Wisconsin.

Photograph

Mineral Point Jail

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A roughly built jail, constructed before 1836. Vineyard would have been held here a short time before he was released on bail.

Photograph

Zinc Works

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The zinc works.

Date: 1948 before

Description: Interior of the Ridgeway Lumber Store before the opening on May 15, 1948. Owned by Elmer and Willard Droster, and G. Wichman.

Date: 1881 

Description: Watercolor painting of farm and farmhouse, residence of Mr. Daniel Lewis.

Photograph

Old Stone House

Date: 1929-12 

Description: Exterior of stone house, built about 1830.

Date: 1932 

Description: The Methodist Episcopal Church, dedicated in 1871.

Date: 1906-10-24 

Description: The West Cottage and the Home Cottage as they appear on page 4 of the Cecil W. Smith Hillside Home School Photograph Album.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.