1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: This 1907 map of Outagamie County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, railroads, wagon roads, churches, sc...

Postcard

Science Hall

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Science Hall at Lawrence College.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: View from a hillside of either a house or factory on the Fox River.

Photograph

Appleton Locks

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of a lock at Appleton, with views of mills and other structures in the background.

Date: 1955 

Description: Robert E Bodoh, the photographer's son-in-law removes a swarm of bees from a pine tree branch. He is placing the swarm in a bag. as the person collectin...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Fox River Paper Company of Appleton, Wisconsin, with a three-quarter view of the company building and a hanging roll of paper that incorp...

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: The Grignon block house, "where the first Mass was said."

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: A view of the Fox River and an industrial area through trees. A powerline is running across the skyline.

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: The Memorial Union at Lawrence College.

Photograph

Little Chute Tavern

Date: 1898-06 

Description: What is believed to be the oldest tavern in Little Chute, built in 1850's. It was later known as Mrs. Benoit's home.

Photograph

Grignon Home

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Photograph

Fraternity House

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fraternity house at Lawrence College.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of the Fox River, bridge, and some industrial buildings.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Front entrance and side of Main Building on the Lawrence University campus. Bare trees line the grounds outside the building.

Postcard

Park Avenue

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of Park Avenue.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Photograph

Boot Repair

Date: 1970 ca.

Description: A shoemaker repairs the sole of a boot using a sewing machine.

Photograph

Zeeland Mills

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Zeeland Mills, built in 1862 by John Verstegen. The flour mill was 36' x 50', four stories and had "two runs of stone." It was still operating in 1911.

Date: 1942 

Description: International truck with a trailer full of scrap metal parked outside the R.H. Gehrke Company, an International Harvester dealership. William Le Capitaine,...

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: Four men dressed in fire fighting gear driving a fire truck on State Highway 47 near Appleton. The Wisconsin Highway Commission which published this photo...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.