1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Devil's Doorway

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of Devil's Doorway rock formation. Far below is Devil's Lake and the opposite shoreline with bluffs in the distance.

Photograph

Swimming Pool

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Children play in a large swimming pool with a stone changing house.

Photograph

Wellington Hotel

Date: 1932 

Description: View from across street of the Wellingon Hotel and Cafe at 142 Fourth Avenue. A portion of the Al. Ringling Theatre is on the right; the Methodist Church i...

Postcard

Post Office

Date: 1910 

Description: Colorized postcard of a slightly elevated view of the post office. There are wide front steps up to the arched entrance from the sidewalk. The arched entra...

Photograph

Derleth Residence

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Derleth residence, home of author August Derleth.

Photograph

Dawn Manor

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: The Dawn Manor, a small "gothic" house on the Dell View Hotel grounds. Also called the Abraham Vand House (later the W.J. Newman House) it was built ca. 18...

Date: 1918 

Description: A few trees and some suburban homes are adjacent to Saint John's (German) Lutheran Church in Baraboo.

Date: 1918-05-06 

Description: A group of 32 draftees pose on the steps of the Sauk County Courthouse before leaving Baraboo for Columbus Barracks in Ohio. There are paper tags attached...

Postcard

Effinger Park

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard view of Effinger Park, including trees, gardens and a fountain. A man wearing overalls stands in the background.

Date: 1925-04 

Description: View of the wood trellis fence and columns that frame the entrance gate to the Silver-Dale Resort. A group of people are sitting on the porch of a refreshm...

Postcard

Post Office

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Two buildings: a post ofice and a livery stable/feed store. A man is exiting the post office. Sign on livery stable reads: "Livery Feed and Sale Stable."

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the Baraboo Carnegie Free Library. The library opened in 1903 and Andrew Carnegie donated $15,000. Above the main entrance it reads: "Carn...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Restaurant, with pine trees and a swing.

Date:  

Description: View of the Cliff House on the lake, with pine trees surrounding the property, and a cliff behind the building.

Photograph

Railroad Depot

Date: 1967 ca.

Description: Railroad Depot. North Freedom is the home of the Mid-Continent Railway Museum which operates excursion tours on a steam railroad.

Photograph

Van Hise Rock

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Van Hise Rock by Ableman's Narrows (Rock Springs), with dedication plaque. Rock Springs was called Ableman until 1947.

Date: 1926-04-14 

Description: A marker on a rock commemorates the first schoolhouse built in Baraboo.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1921 

Description: View of a street with automobiles and horse-drawn wagons parked along the curbs. There are commercial buildings on both sides of the street and a few pedes...

Photograph

Marshall Memorial

Date: 1929 

Description: The Marshall Memorial Hall building, located at 30 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South. The building currently serves as the Village Hall of Lake Delton.

Map or Atlas

Map of Water Street

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Map showing buildings formerly used as Ringling Brothers Circus winter quarters along with adjoining buildings.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.