1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital after restoration.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: Tombstone of Jean Joseph Rolette, first agent of the American Fur Company at this post, in the French Cemetery.

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Photograph

Warehouse

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of warehouse, which was formerly a five storied grain elevator. This building stood downstream from the Diamond Jo warehouse. The Mississippi Rive...

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house, owned by John Cornelius.

Date: 1853-06 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows lot and block numbers and dimensions, sold lots, streets, and the Mississippi River. Some lots are co...

Date: 1936 

Description: A view of Fort Crawford after restoration.

Photograph

Railroad Bridge

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a railroad bridge, constructed of heavy steel that sits on massive stone supports. Wooded hills stand in the background.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, the Mississippi River, Fort Crawford, depot ground, and a graveyard. An old fort location is outlined in re...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Villa Louis, also known as Dousman Mansion, in an aerial view.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins. This image may be even earlier than 1875; by the 1880's almost nothing was left of the actual fort compound buildings.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1954 

Description: A view of the site of the original Fort Crawford (1816-1831).

Date: 1820 

Description: Undated manuscript map. Prairie du Chien.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Date: 1857 

Description: This map shows lots and streets and includes pencil manuscript notations on the front and certification statements on the reverse. The top left margin rea...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.