1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1912-05-31 

Description: Workers maneuver a load of gravel into a concrete mixer at the plant on the east bank of the river. The east abutment is in the foreground, left.

Date: 1913-03-11 

Description: Workers pose by a piling coated with sand suspended from a crane.

Photograph

Mrs. Earl Baltes

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A young woman identified as Mrs. Earl Baltes poses in nineteenth-century attire, seated on the floor with her arm resting on the open bottom drawer of an a...

Date: 1954 

Description: Raddatz Rockshelter and Natural Bridge, known by archaeologists as 47 SK-5. The bridge is made of sand stone, reaching 35 feet in height, and is the larges...

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1929 

Description: View down road, with railroad tracks in the foreground. On the left is an automobile repair shop with two cars parked near the gas pumps. A man stands and...

Date: 1909 

Description: The home of Carl L. Buelow, a combination of a log and frame house, also used as a saloon. A rod at the left corner can be used to hang a sign. A chair sit...

Date: 1921 

Description: Colorized postcard view of the exterior of the woolen mill along the banks of a river. A water tower is on the left, and a smokestack is on the right.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A general store counter at Weigands Bay. Two women are behind the counter, with boxes of cigars on display behind them. Other canned goods are on the shelv...

Date: 1914-08-04 

Description: An interior view of the power house at the Prairie du Sac dam, showing assembly of the generators, identified by the manufacturer, the Allis-Chalmers Compa...

Photograph

House on the Rock

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from stairway looking up at House on the Rock on built on Deer Shelter Rock.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard of the exterior of the Ringling Mansion.

Photograph

Van Hise Rock

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Van Hise Rock by Ableman's Narrows (Rock Springs), with dedication plaque. Rock Springs was called Ableman until 1947.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Civilian Conservation Corps workers at the Devil's Lake State park camp waving from trucks. Others men stand in the dirt road nearby.

Date: 1931 

Description: View from road of a man standing near his overturned car smoking a cigarette. His coat is lying across the side of the car. In the background is a barbed w...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View features a dirt street, an opera house on the right, storefronts, horse-drawn vehicles, several pedestrians walking on the sidewalks bordering the str...

Photograph

Hop Picking

Date:  

Description: Hop pickers in hop yard.

Date: 1918-06-13 

Description: "Here lies the remains of German in B.H.S." is written on the pavement next to a smoldering pile of German textbooks. A car is parked along the curb in th...

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Photograph

Wooded Lane

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A man stands at the end of a country lane lined with trees and carpeted with leaves. The trees overhead form a Gothic arch. The top of a wooden fence and g...

Learn about the life and career of self-proclaimed 'Photo Artist' from Baraboo who had a vast range of photographic abilities.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.