1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1956 

Description: School known as the "old stone school", the first public school building in Bloomington. The clock tower replaced the former bell tower.

Photograph

Two Fences

Date: 1962-05-16 ca.

Description: Two metal fences with wooden posts in a pasture on a hill.

Photograph

Blockhouse Mine

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Blockhouse lead mine with cows grazing.

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: Exterior of the catholic parochial school.

Photograph

Mine Shaft

Date: 1929 

Description: Elevated view of a shaft house at a zinc mine.

Date: 1921 

Description: View down Main Street. Osward's restaurant is on the far left. The post office and a plumbing shop are on the right.

Photograph

Gray-Williams House

Date: 1950 

Description: Front view of the Gray-Williams house.

Date: 1975 ca.

Description: A tourist map of Grant County that displays the various activities and attractions found in the cities throughout the county, such as boat landings, fishin...

Date: 1864 

Description: The village, founded by Delos W. Taft, had its name changed to Bloomington in 1867. It had been named Tafton.

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: Panoramic view of Governor Nelson Dewey's estate. The left image is of an old stone barn with a shed in the rear. The center image is another barn. The rig...

Photograph

Toledo Scale

Date: 1928-05-20 

Description: A man weighs a milk can on an old scale at the Pet Milk Company.

Photograph

Saint Clara Academy

Date: 1846 after

Description: A view of the main buildings at Saint Clara Academy, set against a hill. Saint Clara Academy moved to River Forest, Illinois in 1922, and since 1970 has go...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of a residential street. The tree-lined street is not paved. Homes can be seen behind the trees. Text below reads: "A Pretty Residenc...

The Extinction of a Species

Read about how the species of passenger pigeons became extinct. Follow links to short essays on the topic and view a collection of images.

Date: 1909 

Description: Exterior shot of the Blue River depot. Five men are standing outside the building. There is a Wells Fargo cart on the platform.

Photograph

Business District

Date: 1925 

Description: View along road of a general store and filling station. Cars are parked along the curb. In the background is a hill with trees.

Date:  

Description: Small rural clapboard schoolhouse with class posing at entrance. There is a dog sitting on the right side of the building, and cows are in a field in the b...

Photograph

R.M.L. Club

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A group of seven men posing in front of a tree with their arms over each others shoulders. George Ortscheidt, President; L.G. Ward, Secretary.

Photograph

Baseball Team

Date: 1911 

Description: Group portrait of the Fennimore baseball team. In the background there are a number of tents, and large banners and flags fly nearby.

Photograph

Quonset Hut

Date: 1981-05 

Description: Quonset hut at Len's Feed and Fuel, North Third Street at East Furnace Street.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.