1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Drawing

School

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: The first school house at Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Photograph

Northwest Fur Co.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: This building was supposedly once used as a storage house for the Northwest Fur Co.

Photograph

Hotel, Powers Lake

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Hotel and dining room.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An outdoor family portrait with a golf theme. Several members are sitting on a bench and the lawn, with a large house in the background. There are two dogs...

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Photograph

Galtier Tomb

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Galtier tomb, burial place of Father Lucien Galtier who was chaplain of the parish from 1847 to 1866.

Date: 1929-01-15 

Description: Intended for tourists, this brochure, titled: "Winneshiek World’s Famous Wild Life Refuge Historic Fort Crawford and Picturesque Prairie du Chien", feature...

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of the pontoon bridge construction.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, as seen before it was restored by the United States Government.

Photograph

Kane's Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Kane's Hotel, built in about 1839 by Ezekiel Tainter, and then called the Phoenix Hotel, on Main Street. It passed through many hands but retained the orig...

Photograph

D. Scanlon House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: D. Scanlon house on N. Beaumont Street.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital ruins.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View looking toward old Diamond Jo Warehouse, before the bridge was built.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.