1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A drawing of the DuCharme/Grignon house and fur-trading post as it appeared shortly before being razed in about 1892.

Date:  

Description: View across railroad tracks of billowing smokestacks at the Thilmany Paper Company plant. Stacks of logs are piled next to railroad tracks and cars.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The interior of the Appleton Public Library. The text on the postcard reads "This interior is far prettier than it seems here. It is a beautiful little lib...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Summertime picture of the country club building.

Photograph

Successful Fox Hunt

Date:  date unknown

Description: A hunter poses with his gun and a dead fox after a successful winter hunt. Three other foxes hang from the eaves of a house. Snow covers the ground behind...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of Sherman House of Appleton, Wisconsin, with a three-quarter view of the hotel and people standing on the corner, walking on the sidewalk, or d...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Institute of Paper Chemistry at Lawrence College.

Drawing

Grignon House

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Reproduction of a pen drawing of the Grignon house. The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon....

Date:  date unknown

Description: Bottling plant employees of the George Walter Brewery. The Walter Brewery closed in 1972.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: This map is a plat map and shows government buildings, churches, Klein¬ís Park, and the government dam in Kaukauna. The map includes text about Kaukauna wit...

Date: 1962-08-05 ca.

Description: Mr. Ortel, a United States Government lock-keeper at Appleton lock number one on the Fox River canal. Mr. Ortel is opening the sluice gates to allow water...

Date: 1948-07 

Description: The Kimberly-Clark paper mill on the Fox River, just east of Appleton.

Photograph

H.W. Tenney House

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: This is the H.W. Tenney house built by Charles Patten in the late 1870's, bought by Mr. Tenney in the spring of 1881. The people are (left to right) Eva Ed...

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: Lawrence College, Main Hall.

Date: 1891 

Description: This blueprint manuscript map shows land owned by Kaukauna Water Power Co., Green Bay & Mississippi Canal Co., A.W. Patten, N.M. Edwards, and M.J. Meade. P...

Photograph

Fox River

Date: 1960 

Description: Fox River.

Photograph

Cement Crew

Date: 1992-06-11 

Description: Employees of Lunda Concrete pour the last section of the Tri-County Fox River Bridge deck.

Photograph

Memorial Chapel

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Front view of Memorial Chapel at Lawrence College.

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Visitors to the historic Charles A. Grignon House (built 1837-1839), probably during the 1940s. The visitors are seated on a corner of the front porch unde...

Photograph

John Street Bridge

Date: 1960 

Description: John Street Bridge during the razing.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.