1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Andrew Proudfit house located at 113 West Washington Avenue.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Townspeople fleeing the Great Peshtigo Fire of 1871.

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Sunset from Lake Monona.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Photograph of a painted view of Main Street in Bayfield in 1870 with four cows standing in the street.

Date: 1858-07-27 

Description: A depiction of people viewing a panorama that consists of twelve continuous paintings.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Painting

Maple Sugaring

Date:  date unknown

Description: Two men work at running sap from maple trees. Buckets hang beneath the sap spouts or "spiles" inserted into holes drilled in the trees. A team of horses pu...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Levi B. Vilas house at 521 North Henry Street after the porch and steps were remodeled by Arthur O. Fox, brother of Mrs. William F. Vilas, who purchase...

Painting

Livesey House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Livesey house located at 719 E. Gorham Street.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A woman waiting by her mailbox receives a Sears Roebuck catalog delivered by her mail carrier who drives a horsedrawn wagon. The farmhouse and barn are vis...

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

Date: 1881 

Description: Watercolor painting of farm and farmhouse, residence of Mr. Daniel Lewis.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Painting of farm depicting farmhouse, barn, and windmill. Located east of Gotham on Old Lone Rock Road.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Napoleon B. Van Slyke house located at 510 N. Carroll Street. The house was built for Van Slyke by A. Kutzbock about 1868.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Lucien Stanley Hanks house, located at 216 Langdon Street, was built in 1877.

Date: 1963 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a bright green and pink trillium. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded in...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.