1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, depot building, and the Milwaukee & Mississippi Rail Road.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Drawing

Astor Building

Date: 1830 

Description: A view of the Astor building.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from field of Villa Louis, the residence of Hercules L. Dousman.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse, a view from the river.

Photograph

Warehouse

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Exterior of warehouse, said to be the remains of a five story grain elevator.

Photograph

Northwest Fur Co.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: This building was supposedly once used as a storage house for the Northwest Fur Co.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this photograph was taken, the structure was occupied by Ben...

Photograph

View of Town

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Dr. Jesse Rowley driving the buggy. Dr. Rowley was a co-founder of the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of town with St. Mary's Academy seen in the background.

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois Hotel, built in the early 1860's, and used as a hospital during the Civil War. It was later part of Campion High School.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: An exterior view of the Villa Louis, built by H. Louis Dousman in 1870.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the front of Lawler Hall at Campion College.

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Photograph

North First Street

Date: 1931 

Description: View along North First Street showing the Brisbois house (center).

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.