1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Hillside Home School.

Photograph

Power Dam

Date: 1936 after

Description: Elevated view of the power dam on the Wisconsin River at Prairie du Sac.

Photograph

Ice Storm

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Winter scenes of the Sauk County Courthouse, Baraboo, Wisconsin, with broken tree limbs littering the lawn; trees bow under the weight of ice. Commercial b...

Photograph

Highcliff Cottage

Date: 1926-01 

Description: Highcliffe, a cottage with a large porch near the shore of Devil's Lake which was the meeting place of the Heart of the Hills Walking Club, founded by H.E....

Date: 1913-05-28 

Description: Completed east portion of the first story of the generator room of the power house. Forms are in place at the west end.

Photograph

House on the Rock

Date:  date unknown

Description: Artistic rendering of House on the Rock. A pine tree grows through the walkway or roof of the walkway on the right side.

Date: 1911-04-14 

Description: Newly poured concrete abutment on the east shore of the Wisconsin River. Iron reinforcing rods protrude from the concrete. Workmen and the steam-driven c...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The barn in the foreground, left, is the school barn for the Hillside Home School (which was run by Frank Lloyd Wright's aunts & Enos Lloyd Jones sisters,...

Date: 1913 

Description: View down middle of unpaved street of the central business district. A man is sitting in the driver's seat of an automobile along the left curb near a gara...

Photograph

Art and Music Room

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Art and Music Room was featured in the House on the Rock original brochure.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: The land and house were donated to the village. The club house is still in use (1964) as a publicaly owned building for recreation and meetings. Image show...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Interior of room at House on the Rock looking out the large windows. In the foreground is a staircase with a railing.

Date:  

Description: View of the Cliff House on the lake, with pine trees surrounding the property, and a cliff behind the building.

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Photograph

Woolen Mill

Date: 1961-09-19 ca.

Description: View of a woolen mill, as seen from across a river and dam.

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1925 

Description: View down dirt road of right side of Main Street. Banners strung across the street read "Chautauga." There is a pickup truck parked in the automotive repai...

Date:  

Description: Exterior of the Al. Ringling Theater.

Date: 1962-07-01 ca.

Description: Conrad Breunig sits smoking on his back porch and smokes a pipe. A retired farmer, Mr. Breunig now builds models and small wagons in his shop.

Date: 1913-10-10 

Description: Workers pose with roof trusses on the power house, 85 feet above the water level at the Prairie du Sac Dam. Note the brickwork in progress.

Date: 1915 

Description: Exterior view of Hillside Home School, built in 1887.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.