1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  

Description: Photographic copy of an artist's rendering of an exterior view of the Beloit Public Library. Of note is the following above the main entrance: "Carnegie Pu...

Date: 1956 

Description: View of parlor with chairs, fireplaces and other textiles.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Date: 1911 

Description: This map shows streets, railroads, the city house numbering system, and the Rock River. The left margin includes a street index.

Date: 1960-07-17 

Description: Participants at the dedication of the Albion Academy historical marker, from left to right, include, Judge Sverre Roang, program chairman, Dr. Leslie H. Fi...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Exterior view in winter of the Wisconsin School for the Blind. In the foreground is a gateway and fence.

Date: 1949-07-16 

Description: Funeral cortege of veteran Frank "Bud" Willman at the railroad depot in Edgerton. The cortege included a color guard, Legionnaires and marching men of the...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Aerial view of the Janesville airport during air races including airplanes in the air, the landing field, and airport structures.

Postcard

Field House

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard view of the exterior of the Field House arena on the Beloit College campus.

Photograph

Vin Fiz Evidence

Date: 1953 

Description: Jesse Brabazon, pioneer aviator from Delavan, displaying fabric from the Vin Fiz, the airplane in which Calbraith P. Rodgers made the first transcon...

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Milwaukee Street.

Date:  

Description: Lloyd Latta and Marjorie Quinney pose for a picture in front of the Latta house.

Date: 1926 

Description: Brick band pavilion, with five steps leading to entrance, with shrubbery around the exterior, and some houses and trees in the background.

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Interior view of the Janesville Public Library. There are several display cases filled with taxidermy, including a pelican, and coral. There is a deer head...

Date: 1962 

Description: Exterior of themuseum, with the museum annex on the left.

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: Pedestrians and automobiles downtown. A street-railroad track runs down the middle of the road.

Date: 1984 

Description: A reunion of former members of Hangar 13, an organization of Beloit boys that built and raced model airplanes during the 1930s.

Date: 1954-11 

Description: Henry Anderson runs a switchboard on his 90th birthday, with his smoking paraphernalia and a photograph of him at the switchboard on a table nearby.

Date: 1955 

Description: This map includes a street index and shows municipal golf course, parks, schools, cemeteries, Janesville County Club, and industrial sites. The back of the...

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: View of the Orfordville Lutheran Church, built in 1871-1872, surrounded by a white picket fence. The pastor at the time of the photograph was Johannes Mull...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.