1 2 3 4 5
.

Photograph

Warehouse

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of warehouse, which was formerly a five storied grain elevator. This building stood downstream from the Diamond Jo warehouse. The Mississippi Rive...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from shoreline of the "Capitol" excursion steamer pulled up to the bank of the Mississippi. The steamer has three or four decks, and elaborately detai...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Bridge across the Mississippi River between Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin and Marquette, Iowa.

Photograph

Mississippi River

Date: 1931 ca.

Description: Mississippi River from the Brisbois Mansion. Left to right: Dousman House Hotel, railroad station, electrical plant smoke stack, Diamond Jo warehouse, and...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house.

Date:  

Description: The sidewheel excursion, "Saint Paul" of the Jo Packet Line, near the Dousman House, the "Senator".

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of town with St. Mary's Academy seen in the background.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1935-8-20

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fishing nets and implements and boats along the shoreline of the Mississippi River, with buildings visible in the background.

Date: 1848 

Description: The first Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien, with the Mississippi River in the foreground. Although dated 1830, this scene was actually painted by Henry Le...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View along the path leading to the east entrance at Villa Louis. The herringbone pattered brick path is lined with trees and coleus plants.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Newspaper Article/Clipping

Last of the m & m railroaders

Date: 1923-9-23

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date: 1924-2-10

County: Crawford

City: Prairie du Chien

Date:  date unknown

Description: A bow view of the "Sidney". Later named "Washington".

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, depot building, and the Milwaukee & Mississippi Rail Road.

Date: 1911-10-19 

Description: A crowd gathered on the Mississippi River shoreline near Prairie du Chien. They are watching pioneer aviator Hugh Robinson taxi his Curtiss flying boat.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A horse-drawn carriage pauses along a fence on the right side of a dirt road. Houses stand to the left.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.