1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1840 

Description: This map surveyed under the direction of Captain Thomas J. Cram is one in a series of seventeen that accompanied Cram's report on the Fox-Wisconsin river s...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Congregational Church, also called the "old brown church", built in 1853 and burned in 1893. It was on the site of the present City Hall. The white house...

Date: 1886 

Description: The first electric street railway in Wisconsin.

Date: 1949 

Description: This map is ink and pencil on paper and shows land ownership by name, years of purchase, and city limits. Also included on the right and bottom margins are...

Date: 1965-06-15 

Description: Leslie Fishel, Director of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin, speaking from the stage at the dedication and unveiling of the Milwaukee-Downer Colle...

Postcard

West Park Drive

Date: 1906-04 

Description: View of West Park Drive. Wooden railings line the road and a wooden walkway is visible on the right. A man wearing a cap drives an automobile across the dr...

Photograph

Man and Young Child

Date:  date unknown

Description: Full-length studio portrait in front of a painted backdrop of a man and a child with a large bicycle.

Photograph

Louie Suttner

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Louie Suttner inspecting the wheat crop at his farm, the current site of the Fox River Mall.

Photograph

Kaukauna Drugstore

Date: 1914 

Description: Interior view of the Kaukauna Drugstore, which was owned by Charles Morthis.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Methodist Church next door to Epworth home in Kaukauna.

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: Cutaway view of the building that housed the first electrical station created to distribute incandescent light electricity.

Photograph

DuCharme House

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The home and fur-trading post of Col. Dominique DuCharme. The portion of the structure on the left was built by DuCharme in 1791. The right portion was add...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Two farmers in overalls and brimmed hats string barbed wire along a fence next to a field. A dirt road can be seen on the right and a silo and barn are in...

Photograph

Little Chute Tavern

Date: 1898-06 

Description: What is believed to be the oldest tavern in Little Chute, built in 1850's. It was later known as Mrs. Benoit's home.

Photograph

Atlas Mill

Date: 1933 ca.

Description: Exterior view across water of the Atlas Mill.The paper making mill on the Fox River was built in 1878 and proved that paper could be made efficiently from...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Postcard view of the ivy covered exterior of Main Building on the Lawrence University campus.

Date: 1962 

Description: Valley Iron Works Corporation buildings with alley way between them.

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Visitors to the historic Charles A. Grignon House (built 1837-1839), probably during the 1940s. The visitors are seated on a corner of the front porch unde...

Photograph

Grignon House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Photograph

Fox River Lock

Date: 1962-08-03 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the Guard Lock on the Fox River Canal, looking east from the Highway 55 bridge.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.