1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

La Sure's

Date: 2004-11-12 

Description: The fish fry group outside of La Sure's. The signboard advertises today's special, fish fry.

Date: 1887 

Description: Sanborn-Perris fire insurance maps for city of Menasha.

Map or Atlas

Dendo Island

Date: 1881 

Description: This map is pen and ink on paper and shows part of the city of Menasha, local streets, Dendo Island, part of Lake Winnebago, and part of Little Lake Butte...

Date: 1857 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, railroad depots, locks, bridges, dams, canals, U.S. light house, college grounds, a steam boat landing, and...

Date: 1900 

Description: Sanborn-Perris fire insurance maps for city of Menasha.

Date: 1888-08-24 

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mill after a fire on August 24, 1888. Sixteen men were killed by the explosion of a bleacher; the bleacher exploded as the nigh...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Fraternal Reserve Association Building and the Oshkosh Public Library, located at 46 Washington Blvd.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Neenah Public Library. The library opened in 1904 and was funded with a combined donation of $20,000 from the citizens of Neenah and A...

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: This map shows the Fox River, Lake Winnebago, streets, and plats. Below the title reads: "N. F.&Co. will make surveys of lands and plat the same in the bes...

Date: 1923 after

Description: The hangar and three airplanes (a Canuck and a J-1 Standard) at the airport operated by the Larson Brothers of Larsen, Wisconsin. The field was both the mo...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A group of ladders, stair risers, wagon box, other wooden farm equipment and furniture displayed in a classroom at the Winnebago County School of Agricultu...

Date: 1930 before

Description: Interior view of the laundry room at the Winnebago County Asylum. Pictured are the staff, including a young boy. Some of the women are ironing articles of...

Photograph

Sawyer House

Date: 1914 

Description: Home of Philetus Sawyer’s son Edgar. Built in 1908, it became the home of the Oshkosh Public Museum in the 1920s. It still stands (with additions) at 133...

Photograph

Octagon House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Exterior of Octagon House. Neenah's octagon house has the virtue of simplicity. As its topside ornament, it has a flagpole instead of a cupola.

Photograph

EAA Acrobatics

Date: 1983-08 

Description: A performance by the Earl Cherry acrobatic team at the EAA Convention and Fly-in.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Sanborn-Perris Map of Menasha from 1900 page 7.

Photograph

Whiting Paper Mills

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The Whiting Paper Mills before it was ruined by fire.

Photograph

Oshkosh Sign

Date:  date unknown

Description: Sign above the main entrance of the Oshkosh Brewing Company, which uses an illustration of Chief Oshkosh as part of its logo. The sign was installed there...

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Lake steamer at dock, in fog.

Postcard

Hotel Athearn

Date: 1910 

Description: A view of the Athearn Hotel, located across the street from the Grand Opera House. Designed by the same man who designed the opera house, William Waters.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.