.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of Alma from across the Mississippi River.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of cars parked at the curb in front of stores and shops. The shops include: Citizens State Bank, Crandon post office, a grocery store, a...

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Elevated wintertime view of the intersection of South Carroll and West Main Streets, showing the First Baptist Church constructed in 1854, the wooden fence...

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Long Tail Point Lighthouse and an old house.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: One of "Three different views of the World's Fair at Philadelphia" mentioned in Dahl's 1877 "Catalogue of Stereoscopic Views." On the stereograph itself is...

Photograph

Theresa Station

Date: 1978-02-19 

Description: "Theresa Station. Situated at the end of DD, the village was once known as Marshville. Two feed mills, a lumber yard, and the Soo Line tracks made for quit...

Photograph

General Store

Date: 1928 

Description: A general store and gas station with a car parked in front.

Date: 1952-01-03 

Description: Exterior view of the Doctor John Booher home, overlooking the Baraboo river near Reedsburg.

Photograph

Bradley House

Date:  

Description: The first Bradley House, later the Sigma Phi Fraternity house, at 106 North Prospect Avenue.

Date: 1909 

Description: A long column of men following a horse-drawn cart on State Street. The Wisconsin Historical Society, then known as the State Historical Society of Wisconsi...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The home of S.C. Chambers.

Date: 1915-09-19 ca.

Description: Milwaukee Auditorium at N. 6th Street and W. Kilbourn Avenue. Caption on glass plate reads, "Auditorium, Milw".

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the Jackson County Courthouse.

Date: 1948-12-01 

Description: A tree planting project was started on the northeast side of East Washington Street of hard maple trees, which replace other species and provide for wideni...

Date: 2010-02-19 

Description: "Victoria's Cornerstone Inn, 109 Main Street, Kewaskum. This was formerly Gateway Supper Club and Woody's Steak House." Ralph "Buddy" Ruecker and Shirley W...

Photograph

County Trunk F

Date: 1925 

Description: View down steep road with guard rail. A car appears to be parked on the side of the road on the right. Over the railing, there is a river and a town with a...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Storefronts along a city street, including a McCormick Harvesting Machine Company dealership, and a Western Union Telegraph office. A cart loaded with bund...

Date: 1938-05-01 

Description: May Day parade with a closeup of a "memorial" float for company unions. A man leans on the parked float. The float features a faux grave and the gravestone...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A snow-covered stone fence lines the perimeter of the Walker Castle grounds. Walker Castle itself is visible in the background of the photograph. Located o...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior of classical-style building. Facade has fluted columns, decorated capitals, ornate railings, and a wide stairway leading to the entrance. A man is...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.