.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Merrimac ferry "Colsac II" is seen on the Wisconsin River behind two signs. The signs read, "Road Closed" and "Ferry Opens April 15".

Date: 1980-10 

Description: Reedsburg Locker Service, Vine Street.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1921 

Description: View of a street with automobiles and horse-drawn wagons parked along the curbs. There are commercial buildings on both sides of the street and a few pedes...

Date: 1965-04-17 

Description: Wisconsin River overflowing into wooded areas near Highway 14 bridge.

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Two well-dressed women stand at the foot of Skillet Falls. The trees in the background are bare; the hill behind is covered with tree stumps. The hill is...

Date: 1931 

Description: View of the entrance to the Devi-Bara Resort. There is sign on the fence that reads, "Saddle Horses - 1/2 block" and another sign on a tree denoting that t...

Photograph

Pointon Appliance

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: Four men pose in front of the Pointon Appliance store, 132 Fourth Avenue, located between the Al. Ringling Theatre and Trimpey Studio. Signs advertise Fri...

Photograph

Log Post Office

Date: 1909 

Description: Exterior view of the log building which served as the post office in Loreta (formerly known as Loreto) until January 31, 1907. There is a church in the bac...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of a log cabin and other housing structure in the background.

Photograph

Power Dam

Date: 1936 after

Description: Elevated view of the power dam on the Wisconsin River at Prairie du Sac.

Date: 1925-04 

Description: View of the wood trellis fence and columns that frame the entrance gate to the Silver-Dale Resort. A group of people are sitting on the porch of a refreshm...

Date: 1918-05-27 

Description: A group of more than 70 draftees poses on the steps of the Sauk County Courthouse on the day they left Baraboo for Camp Grant near Rockford, Illinois. Most...

Photograph

Tower Rock School

Date: 1961-06-03 ca.

Description: Tower Rock school building with Tower Rock directly in the background.

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: View features a dirt street, dwellings, a horse-drawn vehicle, sidewalks, power lines, and many trees. In the background is a hill with what appears to be...

Photograph

High Bridge

Date: 1925 

Description: View across water of a deck truss bridge over the dam at Mirror Lake. Timme Mill is on the left side of the lake. There are boats in the foreground, and th...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Trinity Episcopal Church, a stone church at 111 Sixth Street.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of a passenger train coming down the tracks at the Horseshoe Curve. Rock Springs was called Ableman until 1947.

Date: 1909 

Description: The home of Carl L. Buelow, a combination of a log and frame house, also used as a saloon. A rod at the left corner can be used to hang a sign. A chair sit...

Date: 1922 

Description: View along side of bridge over the Wisconsin River, built in 1921 to take the place of the old wooden one when it became condemned.

Photograph

Rowley House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A foursquare style house with front and back porches sits on a large landscaped lot with a decorative fence and painted pergola. The house, at 220 Eighth S...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.