.

Print

Park Hotel

Date: 1889 

Description: Park Hotel from a map in the manuscripts division.

Photograph

James Sanford Home

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Young man and two women in a horse-drawn wagon in front of the fenced yard of the James Sanford home. There is a small patch of snow on the ground in front...

Date: 1898-11 

Description: Studio portrait of Oto man, (George) Arkeketah, Head Chief. Part of Siouan (Sioux) and Otoe Tribes. He wears two medals and holds an axe.

Photograph

Wagon Train

Date: 1872 

Description: A view of a wagon train passing through the town which includes numerous covered wagons and horses, and storefronts.

Photograph

Wisconsin Assembly

Date: 1865 

Description: Composite photograph of the Wisconsin Assembly.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereoview of the organ inside of the Presbyterian church. This site is now occupied by the Masonic Temple.

Photograph

"McCormick Day"

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Families and citizens with horse-drawn wagons gathered in a small town for delivery of McCormick farm machines from General Agent Daniel Klinedinst. Horses...

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Group portrait of the Olver (Oliver) family. In chairs: Alice Melissa and John Joseph; sons, from left to right standing: Louis Franklin (Frank), Willard S...

Photograph

Opera House

Date: 1883 ca.

Description: The Oshkosh Grand Opera House. This is the interior showing the curtain painted by Louis Kindt of Kenosha, which depicts a scene from Goethe's "Herman and...

Date: 1855 

Description: Plan of the Assembly Hall in the second Wisconsin State Capitol showing the seating arrangement.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Dining room, probably at D. Sullivan's lumber camp.

Date: 1886 ca.

Description: Two men on a raft that is breaking up throw a rope to a man standing on rocks on the riverbank.

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Studio portrait in front of a painted backdrop of eight women, three of whom are sitting, and one seated man.

Date: 1874 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Reedsburg, on the Baraboo River.

Date: 1876 

Description: Engraving of the first Science Hall at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Date: 1888 

Description: Cyanotype image with the caption "An old historical landmark" -- 1888 -- "The last log house in Frankfort" -- Burned June 1889.

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: A stereograph of the town square and Main Street. The three-story building visible in the center of the photograph was operated as the National Hotel. It w...

Date: 1886 before

Description: Stereograph. Located on Oneida Street, the opera house is three stories tall, and located across the street from a pharmacy (the Rx sign is hanging above t...

Date: 1835 ca.

Description: An illustration of three men sitting at a table in a saloon on a steamboat.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins. This image may be even earlier than 1875; by the 1880's almost nothing was left of the actual fort compound buildings.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.