.

Photograph

House on Iota Court

Date: 1917 ca.

Description: A house at 150 Iota Court, built in 1911-1912 from local sandstone for the Chi Psi fraternity.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Women posed standing in a garden, shading their eyes. On the left is probably Sarah Spaulding Castle. On the right is probably Maud Cooper, the sister of a...

Date: 1903 

Description: Map shows railroads, roads, street car lines, schools, churches, cemeteries, town halls, and railroad stations. Includes inset lists of: Population of Mil...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of Washington's Headquarters, a small colonial home located on Loudon Street.

Photograph

Tank Cottage

Date: 1955 

Description: View of the Tank cottage. The cottage was built in 1776 by Joseph Roi, a fur trader, who lived in it until 1805 when it was purchased by Jacques Porlier. L...

Photograph

Rib Mountain

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: A view from Rib Mountain looking southeast toward Rothschild and the Wisconsin River.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the Beaser Avenue School.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down a street of the later rendition of the church, with the O.H. Ingram residence behind it and to the right of the image.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Aerial view of isthmus looking east toward Lake Mendota and the Wisconsin State Capitol, with horizon in the background.

Postcard

High School

Date: 1909 

Description: Colorized postcard view of the high school.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Jefferson.

Date: 2008 

Description: Built in 1925 by A.J. O'Donnell at the cost of five hundred dollars, the filling station located at 720 Center Avenue was designed to resemble a house — al...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Governor's Conference Room in the Wisconsin State Capitol, before restoration. The original mahogany walls were painted to lighten the room.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Woman holding child standing in front of the home at 1554 W. Windlake Avenue. There is a small garden in the front yard.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Three storefronts on a dirt road. A man, said to be Charles Grimm, is driving a horse and buggy. The building in the center is Feiker's photo studio. Near...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The filling station and main office at Drew's Tourist Home. There are flags on the gas pumps. A man and his dog are standing next to the building.

Photograph

Fort Atkinson Club

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Front view of the Fort Atkinson Club.

Date: 1911 

Description: A college student sets out to class in zero degree weather. He is holding his books, wearing a hat and gloves, and has a scarf wrapped around his neck.

Date: 1906 

Description: This map shows streets, railroads, land use, public buildings, commercial businesses, and the Menominee River. Depths are shown by gradient tints and sound...

Date: 1899 

Description: Elevated view looking north towards Menomonie, the Knapp, Stout and Company lumber mills.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.