.

Photograph

Trimpey House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Trimpey's home, the residence of Edwin B. and Alice Kent Trimpey. View of the front entrance door and front porch facing the street.

Map or Atlas

City of Baraboo

Date: 1972 

Description: This map shows plat of the city, city limits, local streets, and part of the Baraboo River. The map includes 3 inset maps.

Photograph

Aerial View of Town

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: Aerial view of town with multiple buildings and a water tower visible in the background.

Photograph

Mielke's Grist Mill

Date: 1961-06-04 

Description: A front view of the Mielke Feed & Supply grist mill, with Purina Chows signs placed above the loading dock area. A GMC pickup truck is parked in the load...

Date: 1918 

Description: A few trees and some suburban homes are adjacent to Saint John's (German) Lutheran Church in Baraboo.

Photograph

Baraboo River

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the Baraboo River.

Photograph

Corner Drugstore

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from cobblestone street of a man standing next to a police officer at the corner of Third and Oak Streets, in front of the Corner Drugstore. A horse-d...

Print

Main Street

Date: 1875 

Description: View of Main Street from Mackey's Mill.

Date: 1906 

Description: Photographic postcard of the exterior of the stone church. There are four crosses, one on the bell tower, and three others at the corners of the roof. Wind...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View across road of a two-story home located on a corner lot at 330 5th Avenue. There are signs on the lawn advertising rooms for tourists. A man is standi...

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: A group of adults, including Harry E. Cole (center), stand behind a fence. A sign on the fence reads, "YOU CAN'T PLAY IN OUR BACK YARD."

Date: 1948-08-14 

Description: The city of Baraboo float in Sauk County's Wisconsin Centennial Parade.

Date: 1980-10 

Description: Reedsburg Locker Service, Vine Street.

Photograph

Van Hise Rock

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Van Hise Rock by Ableman's Narrows (Rock Springs), with dedication plaque. Rock Springs was called Ableman until 1947.

Postcard

City Hall

Date: 1906 

Description: Colorized postcard of an exterior view of City Hall, a brick building with an arched entrance, a flag pole on the left, and a belfry on the right. Handwrit...

Date: 1949-05-03 

Description: Bill Frazier, an all-state basketball player for Reedsburg High School, visits with Lavalle Junior High School principal, Franklin Head with students Roger...

Photograph

Mill and Store

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Exterior view across field of mill and store at Black Hawk. There are feed sacks on the porch of the mill and a horse on the far right.

Photograph

The Western Inn

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A woman on horseback poses with another horse in front of the three-story Western Inn as people look on from the porches. There is a large belvedere on th...

Photograph

Snyder House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from street of the home of George Snyder at 1219 Ash Street. It is a large wooden Queen Anne-style house with a columned front porch and a corner towe...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1921 

Description: View down Main Street. A millinery, meat market, bakery, hotel and shoe store are on the left. An osteopath, a hardware store, a barber shop, a small resta...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.