.

Photograph

College

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: View of St. Mary's Institute in 1872, and a view of St. Mary's College in 1922.

Book or Pamphlet

Artesian Stock Farm

Date: 1884 

Description: Bird's-eye view drawing of the grounds of Villa Louis, the estate of the fur trading Dousman family. After the death of H. Louis Dousman's mother in 1882,...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois House, east elevation.

Photograph

D. Scanlon House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: D. Scanlon house on N. Beaumont Street.

Photograph

Dousman House

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: "The Dousman House. The Resort of the Mississippi Valley, Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin."

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Bridge across the Mississippi River between Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin and Marquette, Iowa.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Benedict Octagon House, built about 1843.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Prairie du Chien Woolen Mill Company, established in 1890 by George Fairfield.

Date: 1855-05-21 

Description: This plat map shows lots, the Kickapoo River, and the Wisconsin River.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1953 

Description: French Cemetery, showing grave of Alice Trewe. Calvary Cemetery is in the background.

Drawing

Brisbois House

Date: 1934 ca.

Description: A blueprint of a survey done of the Brisbois house.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the north side of town, from high on the bluff.

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Postcard

High School

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: High School built in 1896. George Fairfield, President of the Board of Education.

Photograph

LaPointe House

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: LaPointe house built about the time of the War of 1812, and razed in 1921. It was originally a log structure which was later clapboarded, but the logs stil...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Marquette monument, in memory of the discovery of the Mississippi River by Father Marquette and Louis Joliet, June 17, 1673. The monument was unveiled on S...

Photograph

Campion College

Date: 1957 ca.

Description: Aerial view of Campion College of the Sacred Heart.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.