.

Date: 1912-04-13 

Description: The concrete mixer stands near the newly poured east shore abutment while men work nearby. Reinforcing rods protrude from the abutment.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of a woman taking a photograph from Lookout Cliff at Devil's Lake. Below, a train runs through a field surrounded by trees.

Date: 1918 

Description: A statue of a soldier in front of the Sauk County courthouse.

Date: 1912-09-30 

Description: Forms have been removed from the first concrete poured for the power house in the northeast corner of the coffer dam. Men pour concrete from rail cars on...

Photograph

High Bridge

Date: 1925 

Description: View across water of a deck truss bridge over the dam at Mirror Lake. Timme Mill is on the left side of the lake. There are boats in the foreground, and th...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Postcard

The Farm Kitchen

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of The Farm Kitchen — a motel and restaurant. Bushes and flowers are planted along the drive.

Photograph

"Place of Hawks"

Date: 1940 after

Description: An exterior view of August Derleth's home, "Place of Hawks", seen from the garden and partially obscured by trees. The house was built in 1940.

Date: 1927 

Description: Exterior view of a two-story house with a front porch and an enclosed porch on the side. In the background is a barn or outbuilding.

Photograph

Highcliff Cottage

Date: 1926-01 

Description: Highcliffe, a cottage with a large porch near the shore of Devil's Lake which was the meeting place of the Heart of the Hills Walking Club, founded by H.E....

Date: 1922 

Description: View down middle of street, showing the central business district. A drug store, restaurant and hotel are on the left. A garage, bank, bathhouse, bowling a...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A parade float decorated with bunting, a large, 48-star American flag, and a mounted elk's head is parked in front of the Baraboo Elks Lodge. The large st...

Date:  

Description: Men lined up for mealtime at the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) Camp at Devil's Lake State Park. The camp was reportedly opened in 1935 and closed in 19...

Photograph

Corn Crib

Date: 1962-07-01 ca.

Description: A corn crib that doubles as a wagon shelter on Mr. Breunig's farm.

Postcard

Oak Street

Date: 1909 

Description: Photographic postcard view from street in the central business district. The street is lined with businesses, and a few have awnings over their storefronts...

Photograph

Warren House Hotel

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Cars are parked along the side of the Warren Hotel, 102 Fourth Avenue at the corner of Oak Street. The hotel is a large two and one half-story stone struct...

Photograph

Residential Street

Date: 1925 

Description: View down a winding dirt road with houses on both sides, as well as a large two-story building with a loading dock in front. Two people are in the back yar...

Date: 1912-06-16 

Description: Steam powered pile drivers at work on the coffer dam.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Baraboo Carnegie Free Library Delivery Room. At lower is written: "Baraboo Library, Delivery Room, Claude & Starck Archts." There is a...

Photograph

House on the Rock

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from stairway looking up at House on the Rock on built on Deer Shelter Rock.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.