.

Photograph

Bascom Hall

Date: 1922 

Description: Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) main entrance on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The Lincoln Monument is on the left. Vines are growing on the...

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the front of the disintegrating Benjamin Walker Castle. Much of the window glass is broken out, and the sandstone bricks are eroding or br...

Date: 1948-09-25 

Description: Governor Oscar Rennebohm signing a proclamation for Newspaperboy Day. Observing the signing ceremony are four newspaper boys. From left to right are Ken...

Photograph

Junior Historians

Date: 1957-05-25 

Description: Wisconsin's outstanding junior historians are honored at ceremonies in the Wisconsin State Capitol Building. The students, left to right, are Linda Lund, F...

Date: 1956 ca.

Description: Aerial view over University Avenue of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, including University farm in the upper middle. The shoreline of Lake Mend...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: A group portrait of female workers at the Red Dot Potato Chip Company. Fourth from the left in the top row is Vivian Harrison Matheson, identified by Ellis...

Date: 1930 

Description: Aerial view of the Wisconsin State Capitol looking west south-west.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: University of Wisconsin, Y.M.C.A. building formerly called Association Hall.

Date: 1931-06-23 

Description: Three University of Wisconsin-Madison coeds are playing cards, and one woman is reading, on the roof of Ann Emery Hall, 265 Langdon Street, an independent...

Date: 1947 

Description: Aerial of University of Wisconsin-Madison campus with Camp Randall in the lower right corner and Lake Mendota.

Photograph

Ionic Columns

Date: 1977-03-27 

Description: Ionic columns, typical of Greek architecture, at the entrance to the College of Agriculture Building on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The bui...

Date: 1904 

Description: This 1904 map of Dane County, Wisconsin, shows postal routes, post office locations, towns, sections, cities and villages, roads, railroads, collection box...

Date: 1953-01-09 

Description: Mrs. Carol Massen, kindergarten teacher, works with her kindergarten class in a new classroom space. The classroom was part of an addition that included fi...

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the neoclassical Gay Building, named after Madison developer Leonard W. Gay, at 16 N Carroll Street, one of the first high-rise buildings...

Date: 1976-01-18 

Description: View looking at the inside, or intradas, of an arch at the entrance of Edgewood High School at 2219 Monroe Street. Ornamentation includes the sculpture of...

Photograph

Doty House

Date:  

Description: The Doty House, built in the 1840s.

Date: 1975-12-07 

Description: A row of heads peering through portals, alternating with doves on the facade of Edgewood High School. The heads are in the likeness of St. Dominic.

Date: 1918-02-04 

Description: Class portrait at Pettit School, also known as Saint Raphael's School. Thomas O'Dea is sitting in the 1st row of desks, 3rd from the left. All of the stude...

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of restored embossed metal ceiling of Stoughton Opera House.

Date: 1929 

Description: Shows fraternities, sororities, major rooming houses, private and university buildings, and university property. Oriented with north slightly to the right.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.