.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Front view of Cummings-Cooper house with woman standing in front. House was owned in 1940 by Mrs. H.F. Leindorff. House was built in 1857.

Photograph

The Lost Chord

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A woman in an old style dress stands in profile by a keyboard instrument with her left knee resting on a Gothic Revival chair. A candle burns in a brass ca...

Date: 1963 

Description: The marker notes Man Mound Park by the Wisconsin Archeological Society, Sauk County Historical Society and the Landmark Committee, W.F.W.C.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An interior view of partially-built dressing court, showing men working at roughing in plumbing to floor drains of the bathhouse at Devil's Lake State Park...

Date: 1925-03-02 

Description: Eight men comprising the Heart of the Hills Walking Club, founded by H.E. Cole, pose with a dog beside a house. They are left to right, Harold Baldwin, T.F...

Photograph

Club House

Date: 1906 

Description: Exterior view from street of former home of historian and writer H. E. Cole, located at 908 Ash Street.

Postcard

The Big Store

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Exterior view of The Big Store with two men standing outside its entrance.

Date: 1876-07 ca.

Description: A camping party rests at the top of a bluff at Devil's Lake State Park.

Photograph

Kehl Winery

Date: 1960-02-18 ca.

Description: Two young women looking at a wine making tool. Winery operated from 1867 to 1899. It later became a dance hall. Excerpt from Sauk Prairie Star, Sauk City,...

Photograph

Speaker and Crowd

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from across street of a crowd sitting on the porch, lawn and street in front of the Elks Lodge (Al. Ringling house) listening to a speaker standing at...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Two girls stand in the foreground, and a man and woman sit on a log over the stream in the background at a the Parfrey's Glen waterfall near Devil's Lake.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Advertising blotter for the Baraboo Auto Body Co.

Date: 1924 

Description: View from shoreline of a covered bridge over a river.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A man stands near the generators inside the power house at the Prairie du Sac dam. The base of the generators is marked with the name of the manufacturer,...

Photograph

Race Car

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A man in racing attire and goggles sits behind the wheel of a race car. There is a cement block building behind him with an open garage door.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The Ringling Hotel. Circus wagons, owned by Ringling Brothers circus, are parked in a lot adjacent to the Ringling hotel.

Date: 1925 

Description: Exterior view of a school with a gable roof with bell steeple.

Date: 1911-04-14 

Description: Workers pose inside the forms for the east shore abutment at the power dam site.

Date:  

Description: Automobiles line up to wait for the Merrimac ferry "Colsac".

Photograph

Gas Station

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A highly detailed, brick, storybook style Pennsylvania Oil Co. gas station with a slate roof. There is a large chimney on the left and several gas pumps. M...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.