.

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down unpaved street. Horses pulling wagons are tied to posts at the curb. There are pedestrians along the sides of the street. Awnings are above windo...

Date: 1870 

Description: Baraboo was first settled around 1838, and by 1870 it had become the county seat and the thriving village illustrated here. This birds eye drawing depicts...

Date: 1952-08-21 

Description: From left to right are Lewis, Nellie and Bernard Arms posing behind a convertible on Old Lake Road, with Bernard and Nellie's house in the background.

Photograph

Dr. Taylor's House

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Exterior view from yard of Dr. Taylor's house, which was once a post office in the Town of Greenfield.

Date: 1911-03 

Description: Construction workers pose during construction of the main office at the Wisconsin River dam site.

Date:  

Description: Billhead of Island Woolen Mills of Baraboo, Wisconsin, with a three-quarter view of M.J. Drown's Island Woolen Mills building, people loading a horse-drawn...

Date: 1911-06-10 

Description: Dining rooms and kitchen at the camp on the construction site of the Prairie du Sac dam. Workers and children pose in front of the dining rooms; there are...

Date: 1924 

Description: View down center of Main Street. On the left is a soda shop/confectioner, with two women and a baby carriage on the sidewalk in front. Further down is a ch...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down slope towards a man sitting on the shore of a lake beneath a tree, near a rowboat. Another boat is pulled up on the shore nearby. In the backgrou...

Photograph

Derleth Residence

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Derleth residence, home of author August Derleth.

Date: 1894 ca.

Description: A group portrait including Dr. Edward A. Bass, seated on the far right, next to his parents, Isaac W. and Lorinda Hill Bass. Dr. Bass's brother Frank Bas...

Date: 1961-08-24 

Description: Mrs. James C. Jantz, wife of the slain policeman, holds the arm of her mother, Mrs. Roger Keith, and leans on the shoulder of her brother, Jerome Boyer.

Photograph

Snyder House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from street of the home of George Snyder at 1219 Ash Street. It is a large wooden Queen Anne-style house with a columned front porch and a corner towe...

Photograph

Runway Through Dam

Date: 1912-07-01 

Description: A view through the runway (tunnel) cast into the concrete structure of the power dam at Prairie du Sac.

Date: 1911-10-18 

Description: Workmen stand on damaged and partly submerged railroad track on the west shore of the Wisconsin River.

Photograph

Sauk County House

Date: 2012-06-23 

Description: A house built on the former site of Mill's Saloon, which was next to Loddis Mill. A little girl is riding a tricycle up the street.

Postcard

Skillet Falls

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized postcard view of Skillet Falls from downstream.

Photograph

Harry Elsworth Cole

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Quarter-length studio portrait of Harry Elsworth Cole (1861-1928), founder and first president of the Sauk County Historical Society and president of the S...

Date: 1956-06-14 

Description: Interior view of St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Baraboo, decorated by Clemens Rath.

Date: 1949-05-03 

Description: John Edwards, music director at Wonewoc high school, instructing six members of the La Valle junior high school band. Seated, from left, are Lula Mae Weidm...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.