.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior of depot.

Date: 1934 

Description: Label submitted to the state of Wisconsin for trademark registration. Kellermeister Beer, made by the Oconomowoc Brewing Company. Includes an image of a Ge...

Photograph

Hawks Tavern

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A car is parked in front of Hawks Tavern, with trees, a street sign and power lines.

Photograph

Railroad Depot

Date: 1941-11 

Description: View across railroad tracks of the Wisconsin Central Railroad depot at Sussex (formerly known as Templeton). Two cars are parked near the depot and a bagga...

Photograph

Cobblestone House

Date: 1884 

Description: Exterior of a cobblestone house with women and children in the yard.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: This map of Waukesha County, Wisconsin, from the 1930s shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, highways and roads, railroa...

Postcard

Still Rock Spa

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Still Rock Spa with a group of people gathered on its front porch.

Date: 1986-06-17 

Description: A group of children on "hot cycles", a form of young children's transportation, are being instructed on the rules of pedestrian and bicycle transportation...

Photograph

The Argonne Gate

Date: 1924 ca.

Description: Argonne Gate, S.J.M.A. War memorial for the service men from Delafield in the First World War. The lantern on the gate is meant to burn perpetually.

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: Colored bird's-eye map of Oconomowoc and the Lakes Region, Waukesha County. Looking North from Government Hill. Location key below image identifies 24 Hote...

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: View of the grounds of Waukesha Springs Sanitarium.

Date: 1937-08-06 

Description: Charles Broughton and James Farley at an event in Oconomowoc.

Date: 1980 

Description: Landscape view of a subdivision. In the center is an electrical meter, stone walls, and pine trees. In the distance are houses and telephone poles.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Winter scene with four students from the Wisconsin Industrial School for Boys standing outside on the snow-covered school grounds.

Date: 1851 

Description: Diagram of an effigy mound in the shape of a cross.

Date: 1933 

Description: Frank Fox Jr. holds his father's prize bull, with a lead attached to a nose ring, in front of a wood sided silo. On the reverse of the photograph is writte...

Photograph

Che-ne-qua Hotel

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View of the Che-ne-qua Hotel on Pine Lake.

Photograph

Skofstad Cabin

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior side view of Skofstad cabin, possibly the oldest building in the settlement. An early pastor of a Norwegian Luthern Church, Reverend Stub, lived h...

Photograph

Fountain House

Date: 1878 

Description: Exterior view of the Fountain House.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: View of St. John Chrysostom Episcopal Church from the northeast.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.