.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Colorized, elevated view of Berlin Shops. There are piles of lumber and freight cars in the foreground. A factory with a water tower is in the background....

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1953 

Description: View of the second parlor in the Tallman House.

Date: 1959 

Description: Interstate construction at the Colley Road and I-90 overpass in Rock County. The contractor is Shappert Engineering Company.

Date: 1916 ca.

Description: Advertisement for the Samson nine-passenger automobile featuring a photograph of men and women seated in the car.

Photograph

Rock River

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Wagon bridge and dam on the Rock River at Monteray.

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1955 

Description: View of the Tallman House looking toward the front entrance.

Photograph

Electric Sign

Date:  

Description: An electric sign for "The Manor / 2 Blocks / Dining" towers over a long, one-story building.

Date: 1955 

Description: This map includes a street index and shows municipal golf course, parks, schools, cemeteries, Janesville County Club, and industrial sites. The back of the...

Photograph

Ralph Warner House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Garden with trees and a stone fence in the backyard of Ralph Warner's home.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard view from riverbank of the Upper Bridge crossing the Rock River into Beloit. A man is in a rowboat in the foreground. In the background...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: Exterior of Congregational Church.

Postcard

Grand Hotel

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Grand Hotel.

Date:  

Description: House of Edward D. Eaton, the President of Beloit College.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of Janesville from the High School building.

Date: 1900 

Description: Names have been added to this group portrait of Cooksville Cornhuskers baseball team in front of a painted backdrop. Top left to right: Unknown, Johnny Swe...

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Pastor Claus Friman Magelssen (1830-1904), his second wife Marie Schlambusch Magelssen, and their family sit around a table set for coffee....

View a pictorial review of the Wisconsin State Fair from 1851 when it began.

Date: 1960-07-17 

Description: Participants at the dedication of the Albion Academy historical marker, from left to right, include, Judge Sverre Roang, program chairman, Dr. Leslie H. Fi...

Photograph

Grand Hotel

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Grand Hotel.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.