.

Date: 2008 

Description: Built in 1925 by A.J. O'Donnell at the cost of five hundred dollars, the filling station located at 720 Center Avenue was designed to resemble a house — al...

Postcard

Rock River

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of the Rock River with the Northwestern Railroad Bridge in the foreground and Beloit in the background.

Drawing

The Rock River

Date: 1868 ca.

Description: The Rock River.

Photograph

Natesta Farmhouse

Date: 1925-07-15 

Description: Natesta farmhouse and cabin site in Clinton.

Date:  

Description: Carte-de-visite full-length portrait in front of a painted backdrop of Mrs. Belle Knickerbocker of Shullsburg, Wisconsin. She is holding a book in her left...

Photograph

City Hall

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of City Hall.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The Main Hall at Milton College.

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: View of Tallman House from front garden with trees.

Photograph

Evans House

Date: 1977 

Description: Southeast view of the Evans house at 104 West Main Street with the Campbell-Willoughby house, at 44 West Main Street, in the foreground. The Evans house wa...

Date: 1925 

Description: A worn, painted wooden sign reads: "Temperance House by J. Child 1852." It was "at Lima Center, the first house south of the cemetery on the main road bet...

Photograph

L.H. Wheeler

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Studio portrait of Mrs. Harriet Wood Wheeler, wife of Leonard Hemenway Wheeler, at the age of 74.

Date: 1954-11 

Description: Henry Anderson runs a switchboard on his 90th birthday, with his smoking paraphernalia and a photograph of him at the switchboard on a table nearby.

Photograph

City Hospital

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: View across street of City Hospital.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A memorial for Civil War soldiers and sailors.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the town with All Souls Church in the bottom right corner.

Photograph

Grand Hotel

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Grand Hotel.

Date: 1910 after

Description: The Beloit Public Library. There is a handwritten note: This is just a few steps from the C & N.W. depot." L.E.K.

Photograph

Milton House Inn

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Burdick homestead, which was originally made from logs. Built in 1842, it was said to be the first house west of the Rock River.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: This map shows a plat of the city, land ownership by name, wards by number, local streets, buildings, fair grounds, nurseries, and part of Rock River. The...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.