.

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: Left side view of the locomotive engine no. 2872, a steam locomotive of the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad Company.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Business card of Edward Rohloff, a traveling salesman for Willson's Monarch Laboratory, a manufacturer of patent medications in the early part of the 1900s...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Music recital room at the State School for the Blind with seven rows of seating, a piano and cello. Adorning the front wall is the Latin phrase "Lux Oritur...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Photograph

View of Janesville

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Janesville from the West.

Date:  

Description: Front entrance of high school.

Date:  

Description: Studio portrait of Mrs. Walter Wheeler and her infant.

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1956 ca.

Description: View of exterior of Tallman House.

Photograph

Little Rock Temple

Date: 1981-05 

Description: Little Rock Temple, Sixth Street.

Date: 1875 

Description: Halvor Skavlem (middle?), Gunil Olmstead Skavlem and a friend stand near the fence in front of Skavlem's frame home, with an unidentified man reading on th...

Photograph

Rock River

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Wagon bridge and dam on the Rock River at Monteray.

Map or Atlas

Beloit College Campus

Date: 1949 

Description: This map of the Beloit College Campus is a pictorial depiction of the layout of campus including buildings and students depicted as Shmoos (popular cartoon...

Date:  

Description: Faribands, Morse & Co. Building, with power lines in the background.

Photograph

Cooksville School

Date: 1924 ca.

Description: Cooksville School Class. Teacher Lloyd Porter (top row). First row: Arthur Julseth, Alvin Nording, Walter Weber, _______ Moe, Freddie Zinn, Tollef Lunde, C...

Photograph

Milton House

Date: 1955 

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Date: 1935 

Description: A marker for the first log cabin built in the Janesville area. The cabin was built in 1835 by William Holmes, Joshua Holmes, John Inman and George Follmer....

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Several looms in the instructional weaving facility at the State School for the Blind.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The fountain in Court House Park.

Date: 1925 

Description: A worn, painted wooden sign reads: "Temperance House by J. Child 1852." It was "at Lima Center, the first house south of the cemetery on the main road bet...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The home of S.C. Chambers.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.