.

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: View of the Orfordville Lutheran Church, built in 1871-1872, surrounded by a white picket fence. The pastor at the time of the photograph was Johannes Mull...

Photograph

Natesta Farmhouse

Date: 1925-07-15 

Description: Natesta farmhouse and cabin site in Clinton.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the company buildings and residential area, with view of skyline.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Eager Free Public Library, Evansville, WI.

Photograph

Johnson House

Date: 1925 

Description: A man sits on the porch of the Johnson House hotel. The large wooden structure has a standing seam metal roof and tall chimney. "Johnson House" is painted...

Date: 1956-05-27 

Description: Group portrait of the Evansville Home Talent League baseball team.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of Emerson Hall, with trees and the lawn in foreground.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind where Louisa May Alcott attended school. Writing on the photo reads "Institution for the Education of the Bl...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Aerial view of the Janesville airport during air races including airplanes in the air, the landing field, and airport structures.

Date: 1906-01-11 

Description: Exterior of Beloit college gymnasium.

Photograph

Beloit Hospital

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the Beloit Hospital from an intersection. There are people sitting on a second floor balcony in a building on the corner. A person is riding a bicy...

Photograph

View of Janesville

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Janesville from the West.

Photograph

Yosts Park

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: A boat landing at Yosts Park between Janesville and Beloit.

Date: 1973 

Description: This map is a photocopy of the original plat of Beloit from 1838. The map shows labeled roads, lots, and rivers.

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: View of the Tallman House through the trees in the front garden.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Beloit Public Library. The library opened in 1903 and Andrew Carnegie funded library construction with $25,000. Three women are seated...

Date: 1910 after

Description: The Beloit Public Library. There is a handwritten note: This is just a few steps from the C & N.W. depot." L.E.K.

Photograph

Samuel Chase

Date:  

Description: Seated carte-de-visite portrait of Sergeant Samuel Chase, Company F, 16th Wisconsin Infantry.

Date: 1980-04-16 

Description: View from across street of a rectangular dilapidated building featuring arched windows. A billboard for H. Dan Wright Insurance is under the fire escape.

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: View of the Koshkonong Hotel (later the Lakehouse Inn), a stone and brick hotel with lots of windows, a parapet roof and a small structure on roof, on Mapl...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.