.

Photograph

Joseph L. Smith

Date:  

Description: Full-length carte-de-visite portrait of Joseph L. Smith of Evansville, Wisconsin, a member of the 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 15th Army Corps Band. Discharg...

Date: 1984 

Description: A reunion of former members of Hangar 13, an organization of Beloit boys that built and raced model airplanes during the 1930s.

Photograph

Y.M.C.A Building

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Y.M.C.A building in Janesville.

Date: 1881 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Milton Junction.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard view from riverbank of the Upper Bridge crossing the Rock River into Beloit. A man is in a rowboat in the foreground. In the background...

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Pastor Claus Friman Magelssen (1830-1904), his second wife Marie Schlambusch Magelssen, and their family sit around a table set for coffee in the foregroun...

Photograph

John M. Hoyt

Date:  

Description: Waist-up carte-de-visite portrait of Captain John M. Hoyt, Company K, 7th Wisconsin Infantry.

Photograph

Industrial Building

Date: 1980-10 

Description: View over roads and railroad tracks of industrial silos for the Brunsell Co. Trucks are parked nearby, and warehouses are on the right.

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View of the Presbyterian church.

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: Court House Park from Court Street looking southeast. The Civil War monument can be seen near the center, behind is the old courthouse which was replaced...

Date: 1927-07-15 

Description: Survey and development plan of the home grounds area of Mr. and Mrs. George S. Parker, drawn in red, black, and brown ink.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Home on the corner of Milwaukee and Durand Streets.

Date: 1925 

Description: A worn, painted wooden sign reads: "Temperance House by J. Child 1852." It was "at Lima Center, the first house south of the cemetery on the main road bet...

Photograph

Dean's Barn

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The barn of W.A. Dean, built in 1844 and used as a stage barn in the stage coach days. The barn's foundation, silo, and milk room are newer.

Photograph

East Grand Avenue

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View down East Grand Avenue of the business district with a shoe business at the end of the street and the Hilton Hotel to the left.

Date: 1987 

Description: An automobile frame on the assembly line at the General Motors plant.

Photograph

Bird's Eye View

Date: 1912 

Description: Elevated view of town with farm fields in the foreground, and low, rolling hills in the background. There is a church steeple in the far background on the...

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Interior view of the Janesville Public Library. The library opened in 1903 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie at $30,000 and Eldred at $10,000. The reverse...

Photograph

Portland Avenue

Date:  

Description: A sign prominently displays "OPEN THANKSGIVING DAI" in the top left corner of the frame. Across Third Street behind the sign is the 88 Tavern. Down Portlan...

Photograph

W.H. Wheeler

Date:  

Description: Studio portrait of W.H. Wheeler seated in a tassled chair.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.