.

Photograph

Cemetery

Date: 1980 

Description: Large bush-like tree in cemetery.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Trolley car driving along Grand Avenue, with people walking on the sidewalks next to storefronts.

Postcard

Grand Hotel

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Grand Hotel.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Colorized image of the Fairbanks-Morse & Company buildings.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Whitford Memorial Hall, in which is housed the library of Milton College, including many books on biology and evolution.

Postcard

Hilton Hotel

Date: 1902 ca.

Description: View of the Hilton Hotel with a stagecoach parked near the entrance.

Map or Atlas

Beloit College Campus

Date: 1949 

Description: This map of the Beloit College Campus is a pictorial depiction of the layout of campus including buildings and students depicted as Shmoos (popular cartoon...

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Interior view of a corner of the parlor and the doorway to the conservatory.

Photograph

Dean's Barn

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The barn of W.A. Dean, built in 1844 and used as a stage barn in the stage coach days. The barn's foundation, silo, and milk room are newer.

Date: 1919 

Description: Advertisement for the Townsend Oil Tractor featuring an illustration of a man using a telescope to watch another man rake in a pile of money. The headline...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Parker Pen Company, with a three-quarter view of the company building, with people walking on the sidewalk, and a streetcar, automobiles,...

Date: 1927 

Description: This map shows a plat of city, a numbering system, local streets, railroads, and part of the Rock River. The map is indexed by street name and reads: "Copy...

Photograph

Milton House Cabin

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Milton House was supposedly a part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The house was built in 1845 by Joseph Goodrich and turned into an...

Date: 1973 

Description: This map is a photocopy of the original plat of Beloit from 1838. The map shows labeled roads, lots, and rivers.

Date: 1880 

Description: Exterior view of the front of the Rock County Poor House. The three-story house is set on a hill with broken wood pieces in the foreground.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Exterior of the second Rock County Court House which stood from 1896 to 1955. The Architect was E. Townsend Mix.

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Side and front view of Luther Valley Church, built in 1872.

Date: 1973 

Description: This map includes an index of streets and schools and also shows parks, schools and public lands, and industrial sites. Portions of the map are in green an...

Photograph

J.K.P. Porter House

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: J.K.P. Porter house.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The K. Doxstad family is posed in their yard around a table covered with heavy books. A baby carriage is on the left and an older woman with her knitting i...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.