.

Postcard

Lovers' Lane

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: View looking down tree-lined Lovers' Lane.

Date: 1886 

Description: First electric street railway service in Wisconsin.

Photograph

Temple Zion

Date: 1978-04 

Description: Temple Zion and the adjacent school. At the time of this photograph, Temple Zion was used as the Outagamie Historical Society.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: The house built by Charles A. Grignon between 1837 and 1839 for Mary Meade, his Pennsylvania bride. Mrs. Grignon and her family are standing in front of th...

Photograph

Grignon Bedroom

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of a bedroom in the restored Charles A. Grignon House in Kaukauna. The bed has a tall Victorian headboard and is covered with a quilt. A toddler is po...

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: A Wisconsin State Canners Truck parked under a chute at Stokely Van Camp canning factory on West College Avenue.

Photograph

Atlas Mill

Date: 1933 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Atlas Mill.The paper making mill on the Fox River was built in 1878 and proved that paper could be made efficiently from groundwood pu...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A distant view of two houses and a yard, bordered by a damaged, white picket fence. The house burned down in 1867.

Photograph

Little Chute Dam

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A section of the Little Chute dam.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Postcard of the third lock and draw bridge spanning the Fox River.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Aloah Beach on Lake Winnebago.

Date: 1911-09-14 after

Description: Calbraith Perry Rodgers in a Wright Model B at Appleton Baseball Park. Cal Rodgers, a member of the famous Perry family, learned to fly at the Wright Flyin...

Date: 1898-06 

Description: The Roman Catholic Church. The arch in front of the door has the names of the priests who had served here beginning with Rev. Father Van den Brock. Over th...

Photograph

Cement Finisher

Date: 1992-05-20 

Description: A concrete finisher stretches to trowel off a spot during construction of the Appleton Tri-County Bridge over the Fox River.

Photograph

Apple Cider Making

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Louis Suttner and another man make apple cider outdoors.

Date: 1898-06 

Description: The Fox River seen from the hill behind the Catholic Church and looking toward the combined locks. Also seen in the distance is a paper mill.

Date:  

Description: Interior of the Treasure Island Store, located on West College Avenue. Store aisles and end-caps full of goods are visible. A single cashier waits in aisle...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: John Street Bridge. Postcard text reads "Largest stone arch bridge in Wisconsin."

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Appleton Free Public Library. In the large room are reading tables, fireplace, radiators, carved wood railings, and wicker furniture....

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.